~love mummy and daddy~ chapter eleven

Nikolas's POV

"Do you need any help, sir?" An employee dressed in a red CVS uniform asked as she approached my wandering form. I've been at the 24 hour pharmacy for a few minutes now but I haven't really found what I need for August.

"Actually, yeah, that'd be great. Do you know where the kids medicine is?" I asked her and she gave me a kind smile. I was surprised by the good service of the store considering it was almost 4:30 in the morning.

"Absolutely, right this way." The kind middle aged women led me through the isles until she approached the baby section. Of course everything would be here. "Anything you need should be here, please let me know if you need anything else." I gave her a quick 'thank you' before she was walking away, leaving me alone to sift through the products.

There was a lot to pick from but after a while I ended up with some cold and flu medicine meant for kids, Tums in the fun flavors, and NyQuil to help August sleep a little bit better.

Before leaving, I made sure to look through the pacifiers and picked out a multi pack of two different pastel colors. Davide made sure to remind me to get August some binkies before I left, our little boy will hopefully love the little surprise.

As I was heading to the front of the store to check out, I passed through the blanket and comfort section of the store. I wasn't planning on getting anything else, considering we have loads of blankets at the house but one just stuck out to me.

It was a pastel rainbow fluffy blanket, softer than anything we had at home. The mild colors would be perfect for calming Little Augie down and I'm sure he would love how comfortable it is.

I quickly put the package in my basket along with my other finds and brought it up to the register.

"The little one's sick, huh?" The cashier asked as I placed my items on the counter. She wasn't the same worker as before but she looked just as kind, only slightly older.

"Yeah, unfortunately." I replied with a sad smile. I hate that my sweet boy is in pain after things were finally starting to get better for him.

"Well, I'm sure they'll love this stuff. You're a great parent." She complemented me as she bagged my last item. It meant a lot to hear the words from her, even if she was a stranger.

"Thank you, ma'am. That's to kind." I told her as I paid. "Have a nice day." I finished, exchanging a smile with the women before grabbing my bags and exiting the store.

I walked as quickly as I could to my parked car along the side of the street and got inside, immediately turning the car on and driving back home.

When I pulled into the parking garage I grabbed my things and made my way to the elevator, pressing the button and heading up to the top of our building.

My pace quickened as I walked through our front door, August's cries hitting my ears immediately. I made a pitstop to the kitchen to grab August some water. I completely forgot to get August a sippy cup from the store so a sports bottle with spout type lid will have to do.

"I know, dolcezza. Everything will be alright soon, though. I promise." As I entered our bedroom. I found August with tears rolling down his pink cheeks, wriggling around on Davide's lap. Davide spoke so softly, gentler then I'd ever heard him speak before. My love was trying his hardest to console our boy, but I could see the tortured look of August's face, he was feeling absolutely terrible. (Sweetie.)