Keep Your Money!

"Wha-wait!" Nicole shook her head. "Are you sure you know who you are talking about? Because the guy who came in here last night-I mean early this morning was not a billionaire."

"Multi-billionaire," Jake supplied as he opened a Google search and typed the name.

"Semantics," Nicole reverted back. "Sure he had a crazy amount in his wallet and some fancy bank cards, but he had no bodyguard and no car. I had to drive him in my car, to my apartment!"

"Is this him?" Jake turned his laptop towards her, a picture on the screen.

Nicole stared at the picture for a few seconds. "Oh heck no! That's him! He was here!"

Jake smiled back, "you are lucky. Not every day do we, ordinary people, get to see the likes of him. And to think you had him at your apartment!"

Nicole shrugged, "yeah hey. So where does he work?"

Jake raised an eyebrow, "You turning into one of those stalker women now?"

Nicole made a face and stood up. "Never mind. Let me get back to work before Rookie trashes the whole place. Thanks, bossman."

"His name is Jason!" Jake called out to her, a small smile playing on his lips as Nicole just waved him away. He went back to watching the CCTV footage before reaching for his phone. With a quick dial, he was connected to the person he wanted.

"Brutus, it's me."

Nicole got to work but the conversation with Jake played on her mind. Not only that but also the money she had left at her house. Finding out who he really was, really ticked her off. Who did he think he was leaving that amount of money like that? Just because her apartment was small it does not mean she needed any help! She was fuming and everyone in the bar could tell that she was not in a good mood.

"What's gotten you so worked up today, Nic?" Jason asked after witnessing her mood for a good three hours.

Nicole glared at him, before turning away and listening to an order, "not tonight, rookie!" she warned him when he was about to open his mouth.

Jason shrugged and walked away from her. Nicole might just barely reach his shoulders but she packed a mean punch, he should know.

Jake has been sitting on the sideline, watching as Nicole worked. It was not every day that she was in a bad mood, but once she was it affected everyone around her. She still smiled and cracked jokes with the customers, but her face was very expressional and they could see through the fake smiles and laughs.

Sighing, he walked to where Nicole was filling in a jar of beer. "Kiddo, why don't you call it a night?"

Nicole looked up at him, "why?" She frowned. "You know I need every single dime, Jake."

"I know," Jake replied. "I am sending you home, your cut will be exactly where it should be so you don't have to worry about that." He held up his hand when Nicole made a move to argue, "And no arguing. Get out of here! You need to sleep off whatever dark mood you got going on."

Nicole ran her fingers through her hair and took in a deep breath. "Fine!" she muttered as she undid her apron and handed it over to Jake. "I might come in a bit late tomorrow anyways. There is some jackass that I will need to deal with before the day ends tomorrow."

Jake raised an eyebrow. "Don't do something crazy, Nic."

"Me? Crazy?" Nicole faked being shocked, "Never! See you tomorrow, Jake. And thank you!" She said as she collected her tote bag and started for the door.

"Don't mention it!" Jake called before turning to the customer in front of him "Why look so sad? Am I not pretty enough?" He asked the guy in front of him who kept looking between him and the retrieving back of Nicole. "I am all you got tonight, so you better start making that order now."