(BONUS CHAPTER)

Javier grunted as he lunged toward Colin, their blades making quite obvious swishing sounds through the air as Colin jumped back and lunged toward his opponent. "She is pompous and arrogant and quite sure she knows best in every situation." Javier moved as they both got back into position. Anthony and Benedict to the side snickered in amusement as Colin continued to get bested.

"She sounds like a terrible nuisance." Colin remarked.

"Especially since you and Anthony seemed to be the only two who know best in every situation." Benedict teased from his place, arms crossed in amusement. Javier huffed as he blocked Colin swiftly knocked the fencing sword out of Colin's hands

"And the victor of every match today." Colin added.

"Less talking, more fencing, brother." Anthony chastised as he moved forward to take Colin's place against the Spaniard. Anthony stood proudly as they faced each other and quickly began the match. "Do you know why I win every time?"

"Because every time you lose, you claim we cheated." Benedict shot back from beside Colin. Anthony huffed and pushed forward and claimed a hit before they moved to reset once again.

"Because I know my duties. What my purposes are and how to obtain them." Javier huffed a laugh before moving forward once again.

"And you are saying I don't? I was not the one who planted a distraction for the sister and set my progress back."

"How was I supposed to know Dorset would open his mouth and ruin everything?" Anthony grunted as Javier pushed forward and got a little more intense during their match.

"I know what my duties are and how to obtain what I want. Which I will do when I make Miss Edwina my baroness. I do not need you to meddle and make things worse." Anthony grunted as Javier landed a hit much to his annoyance and reset once again. "Miss Edwina and I are well-suited. She is a lovely young lady, she wished for children. She'll make a perfectly agreeable wife."

"What he means to say is that he has already dismissed every other young lady in town." Benedict said, not losing his smile or teasing tone but the genuine affection never lacking.

"You take too much upon yourself, Javier. Perhaps your life might be easier if you pursued someone with a less disagreeable sister." Colin added from his seat on the bench. Javier sighed heavily and ran his gloved hand through his hair.

"Why should I be the one to admit defeat?" He asked calmly but equally frustrated. "Regardless of which young lady I have chosen to pursue. There would've always been some obstinate father or meddlesome aunt in the picture."

"Or some protective brother who does everything to stand in your way." Anthony claimed as he gestured to Javier, remembering the amount of threats and cold stares he had received earlier on in his relationship with Alina. However, Javier chose to ignore this fact of irony and continued on.

"I shall certainly not let some sister, especially one younger than me, keep me from accomplishing my goal." Javier lunged forward and earned a hit from the distracted viscount. Anthony glared as both men began to get too into the match.

"Is this still a friendly match, or do we need to find some armor?" Colin asked.

"What is what you do not understand, brother." Anthony walked forward while Javier had his back turned. "Javier honors me by holding nothing back." Javier turned back around once Anthony landed a shot on his backside and walked forward toward the other man. "As I now, honor him." However before Anthony could have the chance Javier moved swiftly and disarmed Anthony and moved him back so he could trip and fall causing Colin to laugh and Benedict to chuckle. Javier smirked and lowered a hand to the fallen viscount and pulled him up with ease.