❥ 𝟘𝟙 | 𝕆𝔹𝕃𝕀𝕍𝕀𝕆𝕌𝕊

[ 01. oblivious ! ]
" shadowhunters "

 oblivious ! ]" shadowhunters "

episode one — the mortal cup

"𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐎𝐍, stop being an idiot." Aurora tells her cousin. Aurora Lewis was Simon Lewis's cousin. She was a year younger than him. Aurora was visiting while her parents worked in another country. She had been with the Lewis's for about two months."I know you're lying to me." Aurora tells Simon amused.

"I- How did you know?" Simon asks his cousin, confused. Aurora wasn't an idiot. She was a good observer. Nothing went past her even if she didn't pay much attention to what was going on around her. "I don't think it's too obvious."

"Dear cousin of mine. The most stupid person to ever live can tell." Aurora says patting Simon on the cheek making Simon glares at Aurora lightly. "You are in love with Clary Fray. It's not a bad thing." Aurora tells Simon softly. "Quite sad isn't it?"

"What is?" Simon asks his cousin. Aurora looks around then at her cousin. She sighs and slumps.

"That you have a better love life than me." Aurora says playfully, rolling her eyes. Simon chuckles. Aurora had trouble keeping boyfriends. "But, I need money, not boys." Aurora says, crossing her arms. Simon rolls his eyes at his cousin. Aurora always seemed to see the bad in people, she gave up on boys. All they gave her was money and a headache.

"Don't we all?" Simon says, amusement lacing his tone. Aurora flicks Simon off softly. Simon looks at something behind Aurora making her turn around in her seat. She sees Clary entering the coffee shop. Clary was Simon's best friend and crush. Aurora and Clary had an up-and-down relationship. Aurora thought Clary thought only about herself at times which can affect those around her. Aurora looks at Simon with a smirk.

"Don't say anything." Simon mutters to Aurora with a warning look. Aurora puts her hands out in surrender. Aurora and Simon had a sibling relationship. Simon's mom had noted that they acted like twins. They were almost the same person but not the same.

"Give me the professor's name and I... I will end them." Simon tells with a serious expression. Aurora mocks him, making Simon throw a piece of bread at her. Aurora giggles at Simon's expression. "You know, with... with a scathing email to the Dean." He says when he sees Clary's amused expression. Clary sits in between the cousins.

"Don't bother." She says giving an envelope to Simon. Aurora leans to see what the envelope said. The paper that was in the envelope said Clary was accepted. Clary was just acting sad.

"What? Sad face? Really?" Simon says, making both him and Clary start laughing. Aurora looks at both friends not amused. "Well played, well played." Simon says, giving Clary a fist pump. Aurora at times got jealous of Clarys and Simon's relationship. She never had a friend who she could trust with her life. They were hard to find.

"Thank you. You know it's weird. They kind of liked my assigned work. But they flipped out over the drawings for our graphic novel." Clary says flipping over her drawings. Aurora looks at the drawings in wonder. She trails some of the drawings with her fingers.

"You're welcome." Simon tells Clary. Aurora still can't take her eyes off the drawings. Something about them felt familiar. Simon pokes Aurora's hand making her snap her eyes to him. She looks at him confused.

"This day will go down in history as the greatest 18 birthday I ever had." Clary says, smiling wide. Aurora nods. Aurora's birthday wasn't until a couple of days ago. She always loves it when it's her birthday. It means a lot of people will realize Aurora was there. Although Aurora was very loud and blunt, she felt invisible.

"Which is why we are celebrating tonight. Yes, with Maureen after our show." Simon says as the waitress gives Simon his order. Aurora sighed and grabbed a piece of bread. Maureen was their friend. She had a huge crush on Simon which Aurora noted the first time she met Maureen.

"Happy Birthday, by the way." Aurora tells Clary. Clary looks at Aurora and smiles.

"Thanks." She tells her. "Also, absolutely. So... what's the deal with you and Maureen?" Clary asks, making Simon chuckle nervously. Simon didn't like Maureen a single bit. He saw her only as a friend. Nothing more.

"What deal? No deal. We sing together." He says simply and then drinks his coffee. Aurora laughs at Simon's nervous expression. Aurora wished Clary realized Simon had feelings for her. She didn't want Simon to be hurt.

"You seriously don't know she's been crushing on you this whole time?" Clary says with disbelief flashing across her face. Aurora looks at Clary amused.

"What? No. No." Simon stammers.

"Simon is a very oblivious person." Aurora says, grabbing her teacup. Clary nods agreeing with Aurora. "Although, he isn't the only oblivious one." Aurora says bringing up her teacup. She takes a sip.

"Simon, how can someone as smart and perceived as you, not realize that the person sitting there is in love with you?" Clary says making Aurora coke on her tea. She chuckles, making Simon shake his head at her.

"I guarantee you I'm not the only smart, prospective person to make that mistake." Simon says to Clary as he glares at Aurora and gives her an expression that says to zip it. AUrora rolls her eyes and looks where Clary is looking intensely. Aurora sees a biscuit drawing on a napkin.

"That's a latte." Simon states. Aurora looks at Simon confused. She smacks the back of Simon's head.

"Not the latte idiot. The drawing." Aurora tells Simon in a scolding tone. Simon looks at the drawing making a look of realization appeared on his face.

"But I could have sworn I had a biscotti." Clary says confused. Aurora looks at the drawing again.

"Technically you do, it's just a drawing. How delicious." Aurora says, grabbing the napkin.

"Maybe you ate it really fast and didn't even notice. Happens to me all the time. When I'm happy... when I'm sad." Simon says, making Clary and Aurora laugh. "But I will replace your mythical biscotti with an actual one." He tells Clary.

"Get me a muffin." Aurora tells Simon as he walks away. Simon puts his thumbs up and hums. "A chocolate one." Aurora says, making Simon roll his eyes. When Simon comes back to the table, Aurora snatches the muffin out of Simon's hand.

"Thanks bro." Aurora says smugly. Simon ruffles Aurora's hair making her throw a used napkin at him. He scoffs and throws it back.

"Thank you." Clary tells Simon. Aurora eats the muffin and sighs dreamily. One thing Aurora loved was food.

"You know what? Here's to you. L'chaim." Simon says putting up his cup. Aurora puts her teacup as well. Clary follows along.

"L'Chaim." The three teens click their mugs. Aurora puts the cup down.

"Now, leave me alone. My muffin seems lonely." Auror tells them seriously. Simon and Clary nod with amused expressions.

—𝟘𝟙—