Chapter 1: memories

"Yo y/n! come sit with us!" Jenny shouts out to me as I walk up to her in the cafeteria

Jenny was my best friend, she was so energetic compared to me, though she wasn't as smart as me and she was very clumsy... and she acted kind of weird around her "friends"

"Have you heard about Jack Nichols? ouhhh~! girl, there's been a rumor he likes you ~" Jenny says teasing and poking me with her fork giggling

"oh please, he's one of the most smartest and popular people on this whole campus, I doubt he likes me" And just as I said that Jack passed by me, all smiles. He met me eye for a split second before walking away with his friend Greg, Greg was teasing him about something once they had passed us, I stared at him for a few minutes before Jenny catching my attention

"you like him~~" Jenny teases

"oh hush, i-it was just a coincidence" I had said as I looked down at my food

Me and Jack had known each other for almost our entire childhood and nobody knew that, not even Jenny, my best friend since freshman year. I looked back up at Jack. Just seeing his smile would fill my stomach with butterflies, I couldn't even talk to him without stuttering or saying complete nonsense. But I was never like this with him before, Him and I were like siblings growing up, and I saw him more like a brother then anything romantic so why am I getting butterflies from just looking at him.

"u-uhm, I'll talk to you later Jenny, I have to go" I excused myself as I stood up to leave.

"Wait!, look, I'm having a little camping party tomorrow for me and my club, we are gonna stay all night in the woods, they'll be a big bonfire too, you know.. Like old times." Jenny says softly smiling at me.

When she said old times she meant back before we graduated and entered college, we would go camping for Halloween and spend the whole night in our costumes with a bonfire, but we stopped. I was too busy studying for college and so was she. But since the school year was almost over for the next few months, it would be a nice distraction.

"I'll think about it," I said as I headed off, throwing my food away and making my way to my dorm.

I arrived at my dorm, throwing myself on my bed, I felt my phone buzz and proceeded to checked my phone "Don't forget tomorrow's camping party with the big bonfire!, it'll be great" Jenny had texted me, I had put down my phone looking at my roommates empty side of the room, Jack was originally gonna be my roommate, we even emailed the principle to put us together to start catching up again, and that was the plan, even the principle agreed. But after only 1 semester of sharing the dorm the principle was replaced by a much more strict principle and they completely changed the dorm system.

-Time skip, The next day-

I woke up to Jenny blowing up my phone asking if I was coming or not, it was the weekend so I wasn't paying attention to waking up on time. I got up and stretched a bit before looking back at my phone 3:00 PM, It seemed I was very tired, I texted Jenny "Sure I'm coming! where are we meeting?" I sent the text, throwing my phone on my bed and heading to the shower, I needed it anyway. I walked into the bathroom, threw my clothe on the floor, and hopping into the shower, starting it. My body relaxed as the hot water droplets hit my body, running down it.

Once I had finished my shower I wrapped myself with my towel and walked out of my bathroom, proceeding to get dressed, I put on a black t-shirt, A Yin & Yang-themed cardigan, black leggings, and some comfy shoes, I went to the small kitchen like area of the dorm, grabbed a bowl, milk, and cereal, poured it all in my bowl and started eating it while playing games on my phone. After that I put away my plate in the sink and washed it along with the other dishes, once I was done I grabbed a backpack, put a few clothes in it, and my necessaries such as; chargers, perfumes, deodorant, fly repellent spray, etc. I closed the backpack and put it on, I grabbed my phone at 5:00 PM, and I checked my messages "Jenny: We are meeting front of the campus at 5:00 and leaving at 5:10, don't be late!" I sighed, I put away my phone in my pocket, and left my dorm, walking through the halls, and down the stairs, until reaching the entrance, I made my way to the front of the campus.

There I saw Jenny and her friends and...JACK?!?!?! I ran up to Jenny pulling her aside from everyone else.

"What is JACK doing here?!" I questioned her in a panic.

"Oh, Jack?" She looks at Jack and then back at me "One of my club members invited him!

"And you let them?!" I whispered and screamed at her.

"Yeah, sorry" Jenny apologizes.

"Whatever, its almost 5:10, let's go" I said as both I and Jenny head back to the others.

"Alright everyone! The bus I rented for us has arrived, we should start making our way there!" Jenny announces as everyone starts leaving the campus grounds and onto the bus. The worst part on they way to the site was that on the bus Jenny had pushed me and now I was stuck sitting next to Jack, what a life.

"Times change, huh" Jack speaks up.

"huh?" I quickly looked up at him.

"you know, we don't talk anymore.., I... I miss you" Jack speaks up, looking down then back up at you.

"Yeah... it's hard...I- I guess people just...change" I sighed, I never thought I would have a conversation like this with Jack.

Jack hums in a questioning way, I look at him, and saw him offer an air pod, I took it and put it on, my head leans on his shoulder and his hand lands on my lap, we both listen to music the whole ride to the spot.