Chapter 7: Nightmares

"HEELP!!!, Y/N!!, HELP ME PLEASE!!" A familiar voice screamed, its blank figure reaching out to you while being dragged into a black void with a deep scent of gasoline, almost a suffocating smell.

"IM COMING!, PLEASE, HOLD ON," You ran towards the figure, reaching your hand out, you ran and ran but it felt like you weren't even moving, you tried running harder, your breath shaky, the almost void-like room you were in was suffocating, and the blank figure was struggling, screaming for you to help him, the way your name was being screamed sent shivers down your spine, it felt gruesome to hear such panicked screams. His voice sounded so nostalgic though. Who was he? Why were you trying to help him? Why were you so scared for him? Why did his presence feel nostalgic?

"I COMING!" No matter how often you said it, you weren't getting closer.

"Y/N!!!..." His voice stopped, and the void swallowed him whole.

"NOOOOO!!!" Never had you screamed so loud, at least... not since then. Tears ran down your eyes as you fell to the ground "IM SORRY!!" Your fist hit the ground as you sobbed loudly, choking on your tears, you cried louder. "I'm... I'm sorry..." you cried out, as your body lay on the never-ending ground, tears ran down "I'm so sorry..." your body curled up.

"I know." that same voice from earlier spoke.

"What?" Your body shot up from the ground, looking around.

"I know you're sorry... this wasn't your fault" His calm, sweet, and nostalgic voice spoke.

"But-.. I- I could've stopped them. I Should've!" You shouted, clenching onto your chest, tears rolling down your cheeks,"

"Maybe.. In another universe, you could..." His blank body faded into sight, walking towards you.

"But.... Why not this one?" You looked up towards him as he sat in front of you.

"because... Our fate wasn't that of which you saved me..." He took your hands as he spoke with a sad but calm voice.

"But-. That's not-"

"I know... This world isn't fair... Y/N"

"Why..."

"I don't know... Y/N, you-" He looked around the room. "You need to-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WAKE UP!"

Your body shot up from your bed as you heard Ej scream at you to wake up.

"Finally...." Ej scuffed.

You were panting as you looked around.

"what-.. what happened?" You asked.

"What do you mean 'What happened?' nothing happened. I just woke you up," Ej responded, concerned about your question.

"I-..." It was a dream. Whatever happened a few minutes ago never happened. It was just a dream. "nevermind,"

"You're not being honest," He spoke coldly.

"What? no, I- what, I just- wait, no... look, I uh, I'm just confused... I don't usually wake up to someone screaming at me up wake up," You stumbled on your words.

"Weird... well anyways, most of us are out, and I need to leave soon... you'll be left here with the proxies." He explained, walking out of the room.

"the... proxies?" you asked.

"Yes, the proxies, you know, Masky Hoodie and Toby?" He explained

"Oh... why are they called that?"