Spiritual Realm

Most cultivators, when encountering a spiritual realm, would treat it as the great fortune of a lifetime and rush in as quickly as they could, in case the entrance closed.

Qiu Congxue was the same, and when she felt the immortal aura, she rushed back over and was about to charge in, when Yin Hanjiang blocked her way.

"The Venerable has not yet entered," Yin Hanjiang said. Sword in one hand, he stood behind Wenren È, preventing Qiu Congxue from taking another step.

Qiu Congxue's current strength was far above Yin Hanjiang's, but she still remembered how Yin Hanjiang had taken on the experts of Xuanyuan Sect years ago at only Body Unity stage.

To tell the truth, at the time the high-ranking members of Xuanyuan Sect were at odds with each other, and no one wanted to reveal the full extent of their strength lest someone else used it against them. But it was impossible to deny that Yin Hanjiang's full strength was truly terrifying. Back then, Qiu Congxue was at Void Boundary stage, and hadn't worked up the resolution to enter the hungry ghost path. After all, she would be cultivating into an Asura in the end. Back then, Qiu Congxue had her brain and her flesh, and was in no way willing to feed herself to hungry ghosts.

Then she had met Yin Hanjiang, and after knocking a mouthful of teeth out of Shu Yanyan, he stuck Qiu Congxue right through the temples with his sword and left her heavily injured for some time.

After the battle ended and before Wenren È had the chance to sort out the members of Xuanyuan Sect, Qiu Congxue pitched herself into the hungry ghost path. After twenty years, she had risen to Mahayana stage, and brought a swarm of vengeful spirits to challenge Yin Hanjiang. Wenren È, who had been idle at the time, left her picking up her bones all over the floor, and so Shu Yanyan made fun of her for quite a while afterward.

So even though Yin Hanjiang was only Void Boundary stage, Qiu Congxue didn't dare take him lightly. She restrained her greed for the spiritual realm and waited for Wenren È's command.

Wenren È crouched at the cliff edge, seeing that the entrance to the spiritual realm had not only opened but was lightly sucking Baili Qingmiao inside. He didn't hurry to enter, and instead yanked Baili Qingmiao back from the entrance. He cut off one of Qiu Congxue's arms and refined the essence of the Flesh Mushroom from within her body, then fed it to Baili Qingmiao to cure the bats' poison.

Qiu Congxue, now missing an arm: ...

In the book, when Wenren È took the mushroom, he had a flesh body and the essence was completely absorbed by him. But all of Qiu Congxue's flesh had been created by the Flesh Mushroom. Before it was completely absorbed by her, the essence could still be used for medicine.

The Flesh Mushroom worked quickly and Baili Qingmiao soon woke with a soft cry. The moment she opened her eyes, the spiritual realm vanished.

"Senior?" Baili Qingmiao saw Wenren È standing coldly beside her. She rubbed her eyes and sat up. "Senior, this one is far too incompetent. I couldn't even deal with a few blood bats and needed senior to save me."

"I didn't save you." Wenren È shifted to one side and revealed Qiu Congxue standing there without an arm.

"Master Qingxue!" Baili Qingmiao hopped to her feet and ran to her master's side, looking over her arm with concern. Tears started flowing down her cheeks. "You sacrificed your own body in order to save me. I... this disciple has no way to repay you. I can only dedicate the rest of my life to you, master."

Qiu Congxue, clutching her arm, said stiffly, "It'll grow back with enough spiritual energy. And I wasn't the one who cut it off, so you don't need to thank me."