✔︎𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆; 𝑺𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓 𝑯𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆

Scottie's POV

Scottie's POV

Summer at Cousins had always been something to look forward to. I mean, who wouldn't? Most people would be surprised if I told them most of my happiest memories are made from June to August. Cousins has always been a special place for me, a place where I can make new memories every year. But as I've grown older, it's become more than that – it's become my gateway to escape the mundane reality of everyday life, and I've grown to love that about this place.

"Drew's bummed that you're missing the beach match with the boy's team next weekend, Bells," Taylor says

"Drew? as in Drew Martinez?" I replied, barely able to contain my excitement. "Look at you, getting all the guys" I tease, wiggling my eyebrows as I adjust my black tube top. I turned toward Taylor for her expert opinion, and she mimics a chef's kiss as I bow in appreciation.

"Drew Martinez doesn't care if I'm there or not; he just needs an excuse to text you," Belly replies while rolling her eyes and smirking at Taylor.

"Bells, I love you, but you're so oblivious sometimes," I reply as I jump on the bed to sit next to Taylor.

"And besides that, you'd better take this game against the guys seriously, Taylor. Team pride is on the line," Belly emphasized.

"Have you met Taylor Bells? She's the most competitive person I know - she would rather die than let a guy beat her at anything," I announce as I scan through my closet one more time.

"Plus, when was the last time you saw a guy beat me at something?" Taylor questions while sitting up, a smug expression on his face. Belly rolls her eyes while chuckling. "I thought you came here to help me and Scottie pack."

"I am helping, here's a tip: please, for the love of God, don't bring that speedo and Scott. Pack the black swimsuit." I snap my fingers. "I knew I was missing something." As I rummage through my closet to find it.

"It doesn't do a thing for your new boobs bell," Taylor says, trying to convince her. "It's not a speedo, and Scott thinks it looks nice on me, right?"I turn around and raise my hands "Do not bring me into this battlefield." with wide eyes and a panicked expression. "But Tay's right" I mumble.

Belly looks at me with a wide and goofy grin, her mouth slightly open in disbelief. "Traitor!" She exclaims, laughter bubbling out of her chest. I chuckle and say "Bells, I love you but that speedo needs to be chucked out the window" as I give her a light shove.

"I'll toss it in the nearest trash bin as soon as we get there," I whisper to Taylor as we give each other a fist bump.

"You know I can hear you guys right?" Belly says as we give her the most innocent look we could muster. She tackles us into a playful tickle fight and we share a moment of contagious laughter. It felt like old times again, when everything was okay. Before the divorce, for a second, it felt like we were 12 again - carefree and with nothing to worry about.

"Belly, Scottie, we're leaving in 10 minutes" I hear mum yell.

I sit up next to Taylor while Belly is on the floor. "We need to leave," Belly says as Taylor pulls her back.

"No, you guys still have 10 minutes, and Scottie hasn't even finished her chocolate bar."

"When did she start eating in the first place?" Belly says with a surprised, and slightly confused, look. I grin widely and reply, "I possess many talents m'lady."

"Okay before I let you two go and leave me here with Drew Martinez" She rolls her eyes when she mentions his name. "You have to tell me your summer wish." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as she continues. "Like the one thing you do want to happen this summer."

I dive into my thoughts, waiting for Belly to answer; I smirk. I know she's hopelessly been in love with the older fisher brother since we were 12. She's always been too shy to tell him how she feels, and I doubt she ever will.

I reminisce back to when I had the biggest crush on Jeremiah; it was two summers ago. I was stuck in my head, too scared to tell him how I really felt, and as the days passed so did my feelings.

Jeremiah and I have a really special bond; I would say we're best friends, but not as close as Conrad and I are. It's not at all awkward between us. We always have a great time together and know how to make each other laugh.

After a few seconds, she says: "I don't know."

Taylor and I share a knowing look before she says "You little liar." I add on, teasingly, "Are you sure there's nothing you wanna do with perhaps someone named Conrad Fisher?"Belly turns a deep, dark shade of red before hitting us with Mr Dragon "Shut up, both of you" As Taylor and I fall over, laughing hysterically.

"But seriously Belly, you've been in love with him since we were 12, you either gotta shit or get off the pot," Taylor says.

I scrunch my nose up in disgust and Belly and I say in unison, "That's disgusting."

"B, he doesn't see me that way."

I roll my eyes in frustration and mumble under my breath, "God, am I the only one around here with a pair of functioning eyes?"

"Oh, he'll see you," Tay says, looking Belly up and down with a sly smile. "Whether he wants to or not. You look a lot different than last summer Belly. Scottie as well"

Taylor was right. Puberty hit me hard. I grew taller and my hair started getting thicker and longer. I lost all the baby fat on my face, making my features look much more defined. I didn't look like a kid anymore - I looked like a young adult.

I hugged Taylor tightly before whispering "I'll miss you. Don't have too much fun without me." I winked at her and got into the back seat.

I tune out Belly's singing as I lean against the window, taking in the stunning view in front of me. The wind greets my hair, and it feels like a welcome. It's the sort of welcome you feel when you're returning home after being away for too long, not the sort when you feel like you're going somewhere new.

Which was true, Cousins Beach is the place I call Home.

♣︎--------♣︎

✔︎ 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁! 𝗛𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝘁. 𝗠𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁. 𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝘀𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿!