✔︎𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓; 𝑨𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒚

Jeremiah's pov

Jeremiah's pov

She stood behind Laurel, covering herself but shyly peaking her head out to look at us with those wide brown eyes. I knew right there that those were the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen in my entire life, and others may think their better ones out there, but to me they were perfect.

I grin widely as I make my way toward her. I stick my hand out towards her.

"I'm Jeremiah fisher," I say

She meets my eyes and I know time stops around me for a second. She grins back, shaking my hand.

"I'm Scottie Conklin."

I knew I messed up. It felt as though I had been possessed for that moment, and the regret had been set in the pit of my stomach ever since. I knew what I had to do, but the feeling from last night hadn't gone anywhere. It felt strange, almost like rage, but not.

Scottie's POV

My hands dug into the sand as the waves crashed around me. I was early, not that I got any sleep to begin with. Jeremiah's words seem to have had an effect, and trying to ignore the effect, I focus on the beauty in front of me.

"Hey, pretty eyes" a voice speaks up behind me. A smile graces my face as I turn around.

"I have a name, you know?" I reply while smirking.

"Yea, but this way I get to remind you how pretty your eyes are," Ryder replied.

I turn my head to avoid the blush that covered my face. We sat there enjoying the moment until I spotted Conrad and Belly smiling at each other.

"Are they together?" Ryder asks

"You know when people have feelings so strong that everyone but they can see?"

He nods.

"That's the love they share" I complete

"What about you? That guy from last night, was he your boyfriend?" I turn to him and laugh.

"Jeremiah? No way" I tried convincing him, or maybe I was convincing myself. I shook my head at the thought.

"Scot!" I hear Conrad yell. I turn to Ryder and smile apologetically while he smiles reassuringly. I get up and make my way toward Conrad. When I notice that Belly's not here.