7

Monday came along and I was back home with my dad

Monday came along and I was back home with my dad. Currently I was on the bus on my way to school.

I was so glad that school was about to end, I was a senior and only had two more months of this. I hated the whole school concept, hated waking up early and hated learning.

I probably complained a lot about school because I didn't have the best experiences, especially because I didn't really have many friends. Sure I had some here and there but not like a best friend or anything.

Which is fine, I think I'm pretty cool to hang out with, I guess.

The bus was noisy as always and some of the kids were way too large for the seats which looked kinda funny.

We finally all arrived to school and I walked to class, alone while others walked with their friends.

I went to my locker and took out some books I'd need for class.

"Thalia.." I heard my name and turn to look. To my surprise it was Henry.

We had a few classes together and he would speak to me once in a while. He was really nice which is sunrising because he was good looking and popular.

His dirty blonde hair and piercing blue eyes alternate so well and his pearly white smile was always enough to make other people smile.

"Hey Henry." I said and he leans on the locker next to mine.

"How was your weekend?" He ask, it wasn't unusual for him to ask, he was just nice like that.

"It was pretty okay. How was yours?" I ask, shutting my locker.

He stands up straight and looks down at me.
"Mine was good too. I wanted to ask you something." He puts his hands In his pockets.

"Theres gonna be a party on Friday, you should come. You know Cooper? It'll be at his house." He nods and I smile.

"So you're telling me, not asking me to go" I say because he didn't ask me.

He chuckles lightly and his perfect teeth appear. "Yeah, it appears so. So will you come?" He stares at me, I felt like he was staring into my soul.

People with blue eyes intimidate me. They just stare into your soul, it's creepy Sometimes.

"Sure, I'll come!" I finally agree.

"Come to the party, not you know like actually- unless maybe I do- whatever. I'll see you there." I decide to stop talking.

Gosh, me and my dirty mind.

He chuckles and holds back a smile.
"Good. Can't wait. I'll see you around." He says before leaving.

I let out a breath and walk to class.

Eventually school was over and I couldn't have been more happy to go home. Today wasn't too bad, it was just the boring lectures that I had to sit through. My attention span was thin and listening to biology wasn't so fun for me.

I went home and my dad was unusually in the kitchen, he was always either in the studio or his room.

"Hi, dad" I greet as I walk through the door.

"Hey!" He greets and lifts his glasses onto his head.

"How's my favorite daughter?" He would always say this, it's such a dad thing to say.

"I'm your only daughter dad, and only child." I said, smiling.

"Well, that you know of at least. Who knows there might be another wild child out there." I joke but in reality it could be possible.

"No thanks. I think you're enough for me to handle." He says and gives me a smirk.

"I'm hungry " I blurted out and he looks up from the magazine he was reading.

"When aren't you?" He's got a point, I sigh and open the fridge.

Just like this morning, there wasn't much good food to eat. Only fruits and vegetables, boring.

"There's nothing in this fridge! How could you survive with this kinda food" I scan the entire fridge searching for anything that looked appetizing.

"It's called living a healthy life style." Dad says.

"Oh I live a healthy life style, it's called eating what makes your stomach feel good. It's completely healthy." I move to one of the cabinets Over the sink.

Yess, i found the good stuff.

Not good stuff as in drugs but my good snack stash. I forgot I had this here. I take out a bag only half full of salt and vinegar chips and Nutella.

I place it on the table and start combining the both. My dad looks at me weird and raises a brow.

"Try it." I push the Nutella jar in front of him.

"No thanks." He shakes his head but I'm determined to get him to try it.

"It's delicious, trust me. Healthy life style remember? " I keep pushing until he finally agrees.

"Fine, pass the bag." He says and I slide over the bag of chips.

He dips one chip into the jar of Nutella and takes a bite. I watch his reaction the whole time.

"This is delicious. Why have you never told me about this before?" He says before eating another.

"Guess I forgot." I shrug but it was actually cause I wanted it all to myself and knew he would eat all the chips. Especially when I was at school.

"So there's a party on Friday night. Could I go?" I take the opportunity to ask now that he's here and actually focusing on me.

"Will there be boys there?" He raises a brow and licks the Nutella off his finger.

"Possibly." I nod and he thinks for a moment .

"Will there be drinking?" He asks, staring at me for me to respond.

"Probably, I get really thirsty a lot so-"

"I meant alcohol, Thalia. Will there be alcohol?" He restated.

"I don't know, why should I bring some?" I ask seriously, just to joke with him but he doesn't catch on.

"Absolutely not. If I'm letting you go, no drinking, no kissing, touching or anything dirty With any boys." He shakes his head.

"Yeah, yeah," I say brushing it off.

"This is like my first party, it's pretty exciting" I start smiling at the fact that I'm actually going to a party.

"You're not too popular, are you?" Dad leans forward.

"Nah, I could be but I choose not to. I try to stay humble, you know?" That was sorta true but mostly another lie.

"Right. Oh! I forgot to show you my newest painting. Stay right there while I go get it." He gets up and lightly jogs downstairs, he sounded so excited.

Great. He's gonna go on and on about his project.

I remember how distant my mom was with me and how we would do absolutely nothing with just the two of us. I'm lucky to have this relationship with my dad, so I'll sit and listen as he talks about his art.

Plus he's still gone so I can have the bag of chips to myself for now.

—————————————————————

A/N

We'll be seeing Heath again soon...😏😉

7/3/22