11

On Saturday, the next day of the party Lola texted me and I was somewhat surprised that she actually did

On Saturday, the next day of the party Lola texted me and I was somewhat surprised that she actually did. I guess I was kinda expecting her to not even talk to me after yesterday.

She asked if I was free and I told her I had to check my busy schedule. I wasn't busy at all, I just made it seem like I was and that I actually had plans. But obviously I don't, I have no life.

I texted her back approximately five minutes later telling her I had made time for her and so we both made our way to the mall.

"Do you think this would be cute on me?" She asks as she puts a light pink colored dress against her body.

"For sure, I think pastel colors are your thing. They just light up your eyes" I told her and she smiles.

"So don't be mad at me but..." she starts, that's never a good sentence starter.

"I gave Henry your number " she admits and intertwined her arm with mine.

"For what?" I ask confused.

"Well, he told me he thought you were pretty and he asked me for your number. Are you mad?" She walks out of the store and honestly I don't think I am mad.

"No, I mean I guess that's fine. Henry's cool, we're friends" I think about it.

"Soon friends with benefits.." Lola laughs and I widen my eyes.

"He wishes. You gotta be really special to take me off the market" I said scoffing at the idea of being more than friends with someone like Henry.

Don't get me wrong he's a cool dude and all but he's like always smiling around me and it's kinda creepy. I think we're better off as acquaintances who ask each other about the weather or something.

"That's true. If you don't like him like that then I can tell him to back off a little" She offers like the nice friend she is.

"It's okay, I can tell him myself. Or if he doesn't I can show him. I'm a pretty good fighter" I said even though I've never fought in my life.

I've got the Mindset of a fighter, that's all I need.

Lola and I make our way to the food court and I'm so happy because I was hungry, I could always eat.

We sit down at a table together and start talking while we eat. We're having girl time, haven't had this in a while.

"Mateo would send me good morning text all the time when we first started dating, now he just shows up at my house." She chuckles at the thought.

"That's adorable!" I said, acknowledging it.

When will it be my turn?

"Oh, that reminds me.. I told someone I would text him" I'm reminded and I take out my phone, finding his number.