Chapter Twenty One

James POV
The day is actually doesn't feel as awful as it does strange.

"You're so brave,"

For what having my ex-girlfriend out me because she actually insane.

"Get out of my way fairy,"

It was said harshly but the person who said it had so much guilt on their face.

"How did you know you were gay,"

Fuck- I still don't know if I am gay. I know I absolutely lo-like Noah but I also really liked Julia before I realized she was breaking into my house.

"You're going to hell,"

It was muttered this under someone's breath, with so much pity. They actually felt bad and thought I was going to hell.

Over all it was weird as fuck and I couldn't wait for my period with Noah and when it's time I'm over the moon with relief. He on the other hand looks rattled. He's got a few bruises on his wrist in the shape of a hand. He's also got a red mark on his face.

"Who the fuck grabbed you," I say startled.

"I don't even remember," he says running a hand through his hair, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, no one laid a hand on me," I say all but shaking with anger.

"I'm glad," He says kissing my forehead.

Noah's POV
So many people are convinced I turned their golden boy superstar gay and they're pissed. I was shoved and jostled around all day. Slapped once or twice, but that was in the last ten minutes so I think it'll bruise later.

James looked relived to see me when he walked in, but his faces quickly dropped when he noticed the bruises. It's not hard to assume even though he wasn't suffering the physical abuse he was suffering some verbal abuse.

When we look around the class the looks at James differ from the looks at me.

He gets looked at with pity, like a victim. I get looked at with pure anger, like a villain. His gaze is cold to people who look at me like that.

We end up sitting in the back of the class and once Mrs. Turner walks in everyone's quiet.

"James, Noah, where's your chicken?" She asks us she doesn't really look like she blames us but James still curses none the less.

"Why didn't you remind me to grab it," he mutters.

"Because I was preoccupied," I mutter back.

He flushes and hits the back of my head. I rub it, half laughing half wincing.

"Oh my god, did that hurt you," He panics.

"No, I'm alright," I say laughing harder.

"As touching as this is-" And she looked like she really didn't want to separate us, "-We need to get on with class, Now I'm not going to take off points for this, but please make sure to keep track of it in the future."

We mumble our, 'yes ma'am's' and look awkwardly to each other.

"Now I've realized I should probably start teaching my actual subject," She starts to drone on about English literature, in the least droney on way possible.

"Now before I dismiss you, is everyone aware that there's a game tonight,"

The entire class nods but I turn my head with an accusatory air to James.

"I didn't know either," He says defensively, "I've been a little distracted,"

***
We spend lunch glaring at some smiling politely at others, and decide to sit at my table because he's not really accepted at his usual table. Some of the kinder players still sit with us.

Emma is basically bouncing on her feet with joy.

"I knew it, I knew it, I knew it," She says excitedly.

"I know," James says bright red, one of his fabricated curls falling into his face.

I gently move it out of the way and he sinks into my hoodie, which is honestly a little long on him.

"You knew it?" I question with joy, even though I'm not completely surprised.

"Do not engage with her," James scolds popping out of the hoodie.

"He told me the night of the dare," James turns around and flicks her in the forehead.

I wrap my hands around his waist, to hold him back.

"Told you what,"

James wiggles in outrage but I tighten my grip.

"Oh you were there when he said it," She laughs like the crazy bitch she is sometimes, "Resting your head on his shoulder basically asleep,"

I flush remembering that moment. I was asleep while he was on the phone but I do remember deliberately snuggling my self as close to him as possible.

"He went, 'Oh I don't want him to move'" She says.

James thrashes violently against my grip. To combat this I pull him into my lap, almost shamelessly. He splutters indignantly, before settling comfortably into me.

Suddenly ruining the moment two girl walks up to us. They push each other playfully until one ends up in front.

"Okay, so who's the boy and who's the girl in this relationship, because we have a bet,"

"Neither of us," James says bluntly, "We're both boys"

"Who's the pitcher and who's the Catcher," The other girl asks.

"It's not baseball," I say irritably.

"Who's takes it up the ass," Sean says helpfully.

James turns bright red.

"So you," One of the girls say.

He coughs at this.

The same girl turns to the other one and sticks her hand out, and the other one slaps down five bucks salty.

"I told you, look at how they're sitting,"

James leans his head back onto my shoulder and I laugh.

"We haven't- Um-" I say trying to defend James dignity.

"Oh it doesn't matter you're boyfriends response is enough," the girl who lost the bet says.

My entire table breaks out into hysterical laughter.

"Shut up," James says but he's laughing too.

Lunch feels longer then it actually is, and it feels like it takes forever to get to watch the game though I really didn't mind.

A/N
Sorry for the late chapter, I fell asleep early when I was supposed to update it and than, forgot during the day and then on top of that last night though I stayed up late I forgot again till I logged in to check my notifications.

My birthday is in 10 days and I got an early present and it's a fucking mini fridge how cool is that.

That's all.

Byyyyyeeee <3