15

"Again. Let's start from the beginning."

Han Jisung was currently in the dance practice from Hell. 

The practice room was hot and stuffy due to their air conditioner being broken, causing everyone to be extra irritable that day. The group had been assured it was soon to be fixed, but they had seen no efforts to make that true. Although he had stripped off whatever he could to help, his thick sweatshirt being discarded somewhere in the room, he couldn't do much about anything else. He would just have to survive in his thick sweatpants and the loose, fortunately thin t-shirt he had thankfully chose to wear that morning. He fantasized about getting back to the dorms and filling the entire bathtub with ice, just to lay in there for a while. 

That wasn't the only reason Jisung was struggling. Blame it on the heat, his exhaustion due to going over the steps who knows how many times, or his current worries with a certain band member, but Jisung just couldn't focus. No matter how hard he tried, his feet kept tripping over themselves and his arms refused to cooperate. His whole sense of rhythm was off and there was nothing he could do to fix it.

Luckily for him, he was in the back for the beginning portion, so no one seemed to notice. All of the members were focused on themselves and their own moves, except for one. 

After his first few times messing up, Jisung had thought he had gotten off free until he met Minho's piercing eyes in the mirror. Since then, the agitated gaze hadn't left him.

"Changbin, you're a bit slow on that last part. Pick up the pace." Minho stated, his cold tone a complete change from the stifling atmosphere.

Where usually Minho was a sweet and caring man, his persona was completely replaced whenever it came time to practice. His role as the dance leader and need for perfection combined to form a strict coach. Most times, he was better. He didn't absolutely terrify Jisung every day, but something had him going today. 

Once again, Jisung stumbled, hardly noticeable, but he could feel the sharp eyes watching him in disappointment. He really didn't know what was wrong today. Usually he could pick up the choreography fine, but this was completely different. 

"Alright. That's good for today. We'll go from where we left off tomorrow." Minho sighed, pausing the music that was blasting from the speakers. 

A silent cheer went throughout the room as the group pictured their newfound freedom. With a smile, the rapper went to the wall to retrieve his water bottle, not pleased, but not surprised to hear the next words echoing throughout the room. 

"Jisung, stay after." The dancer's eyes were on his phone, checking it momentarily. 

Small looks of pity were given to Jisung as his friends left the room one by one, leaving him alone with the monster. He could have sworn he heard a small 'good luck' whispered in his direction.

The two were silent, Jisung out of fear and Minho out of displeasure.

With heavy steps, the Lee moved to lock the practice room door. Jisung watched his every move carefully, standing frozen in the middle of the room.

"You seem to be having some trouble today." Minho's voice was flat, emotionless. It only added to Jisung's anxiety. His tired eyes burned holes in the rapper, only making him feel the high temperature even further. "Do it again. From the beginning."