Chapter 12

Chaudhry Villa...

It was an unususal day at Chaudhry Villa when all the family members were having breakfast except for Rayyan and Ayaan whose seats were empty. There was a little awkwardness on the table as Naina wasn't speaking anything and same was the case with Zain. On the other hand Mirha was in her usual chirpy mode sitting right infront of Arham. She laughed as she caught Arham still wearing that couple ring.

"Aaj tou meri beti bht khush lg rhi hai." (My daughter is looking so happy today.) Her Taya Abba said gaining everyone's attention.

"Wo(that) Taya Abba, bs aisy hi." (No particular reason.) She shrugged her shoulders in awkwardness as she felt Arham's teasing gaze on her.

"Khush hi rehna chahiye beta." (You should be happy.) Her Taya Abba smiled at her and then turned towards Naina who was just playing with her food unaware of the talks on the table.

"Naina!"

"Naina!"

"Naina!"

Her Taya Abba called her three times to gain her attention.

"J..ji" (y..yes) she stuttered.

"Aap kahan gum hain beta,sb theek tou hai na?" (Where are you lost? Is everything alright?) He was concerned about her.

"Kahin nhi Taya Abba(nowhere taya Abba), mai theek hun.(I am fine.)" She gave a small smile.

"Arham bhai ki shadi kb hai Ammi?" (When is Arham bhai getting married Ammi?) Zain questioned trying to divert everyone's attention off Naina.

Mirha glared at him while Arham suppressed his smile which was about to erupt on his face.

"Ab ye tou Arham hi btaye ga k wo kb free hai aur kb humari Mirha ko chuttiyan mil sakti hain." (Now Arham will tell when he is free and when he'll give holidays to our Mirha.) His mother answered.

"Mai tou free hun Ammi." (I am all free Ammi.) He spoke oh so causally which made Mirha cough badly.

"Zain paani do." (Pass her the water Zain.)

"Paa.." (Wat...) he looked at the table to see water was placed infront of Naina.

"Naina,paani?" (Water?) He asked and she just looked at him without passing him the water.

"Zain 'bhai' ko paani ko do Naina." (Pass Zain bhai the water Naina.) Arham teased them with the word 'bhai'. Naina was all flustered as she passed Zain the water.

"Sorry chachu but in ky chakar mein mai mar hi jati." (Sorry Chachu but I would have been dead if I waited for them to pass me the water.) Mirha said as she gulped down the water from her Chachu's glass and her Chachu smiled "I know."

"Tou hum kya baat kr rhy thy?" (So what were we talking about?) Zain teased them again.

"Tumhari shadi na krwa dein Zain? Bht tumhe shoq ho rha hai?" (What do you think of marrying? You are so desparate about it? ) Mirha attacked back.

"Humari shadi? Hum tou abhi bachy hain Mirha." (Our marriage? We are just kids right now Mirha.) Zain blurted out.

"Hum kon?" (Who we?) Arham teased.

"Mera mtlb mai abhi bacha hun." (I mean I am a kid.) He mentally facepalmed himself for his slip of tounge while Naina bowed her head down at his remark.

"Naina,come let me drop you to the college." Mirha said wiping her mouth.

"Excuse me?" It was Arham who was amused.

"What?" Mirha questioned.

"You are not driving yourself." He forbade her.

"I am all grown up Arham bh..Arham Sir." She replaced the word bhai with Sir.