20 - We Weren't Meant to Be

**(A.N.) UH haha... geez... sorry this took so long. here. take my update...**

"I can't believe it. You- you kissed Mikey? Why!?"

"I'm still trying to figure that one out myself."

As I snuggled under the covers of my bed, Ray stood across from me, his disappointment filling the room and suffocating me. I had told him everything that had happened that night. From me getting drunk in the kitchen with a bunch of strangers, to me ending up in the bathroom kissing Mikey Way. I had to come clean to him. I had already told my teacher and felt horrible about it, and was feeling almost just as guilty when admitting it all to Ray.

Ray sat down on his own bed, cradling his head in his hands. His fro flopped over into his face before he began speaking again, "How did Professor Way react? I'm sure he wasn't happy about it."

"I left his house this morning before he managed to say anything. He just sat there looking upset."

Ray sighed, "I can't believe you did this... especially since I..."

I raised an eyebrow, "Since you what?"

He hesitated, "Well it hurts me too. Mikey and I are close friends and I... I don't know. It makes me sad..."

He didn't have to say anymore. I understood what he meant. I knew I had hurt Ray too because he had a big time crush on Mikey. So in a way, kissing Mikey had broken both Gerard's and Ray's hearts.

I pulled the covers over my face, groaning. What was I going to do? I didn't expect anyone to forgive me for what I did, but I still felt the need to make it up to them all.

"Are you going to go to class tomorrow?" Ray asked. "You know, your art class with Prof. Way?"

"Shit!" I threw the covers back off of my face. "I completely forgot about that. How am I going to get through class when the teacher is the guy I cheated on!? Ugh, right when everything was going so well, I just had to go and fuck it all up..."

I threw myself out of bed, swinging open my wardrobe door and putting on a hoodie. Ray tilted his head at me, "Where are you going all of a sudden?"

I aggressively tied the laces to my Converse as I spoke back to him, "I'm going to talk with Mikey. Any idea where he'd be this time of day?"

Ray checked his watch, "Probably just leaving his human linguistic class on the other side of campus. You'll probably have to run if you want to catch him in time."

I stood in front of Ray for a moment, before saying goodbye, "Alright, I'll be back in a bit. I swear I'm going to fix all of this okay? None of you may forgive me, but I'm going to make things right." Then, I threw my arms around Ray, pulling him in for a tight hug. "I'm so sorry for kissing your boyfriend, but I'm going to make it up to you."

Without a bit of hesitation, Ray wrapped his arms around me, "Hey, I promise I'm not mad at you. At least not too mad I guess. We're best buds, remember? I wouldn't want anyone else as my roommate. You may mess up a lot, but you're a good person deep down." We separated before he added, "You've got this. I believe in you."

With that, I headed towards the door, prepared to take off in a sprint to meet up with Mikey. Right as I was leaving though, Ray spoke back up, realizing what I had said.

"Hey, wait a minute... Did you say you kissed my boyfriend? Mikey's is not my boyfriend! It's not like that- I don't even- Hey wait, come back!"

It was too late. I took one last glimpse of his now cherry-red cheeks before swinging the door to our dorm shut and shutting out his desperate, embarrassed yelling.