ORIGINS | TWO

"𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦, 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩..."
_________________________________
Erosia | 2015

I feel something hit my ankle making me fall to the ground, my textbooks slide across the floor. I throw a glare at the culprit. Flash Thompson, a bully, idiot, and douchebag all wrapped into one."Watch it newbie!" I wish I could melt his head off right now but I don't think Tony would appreciate that.

I've been attending Midtown for a month now and it's been literal hell if I'm being honest. I'm not a very social person. Friends definitely don't come easy to me. I was homeschooled all of my life, my brothers and some other test subjects were all I had really. I know this is going to be a slow process but I'm hoping this all gets easier.

I stand up and start picking my books up. I've got just one more class then I'm free for the weekend. I feel eyes burn through the back of my head I look up to see a boy from my class. Average height, brown hair, brown eyes, dorky face. I don't remember his name but he seems to be pretty smart from what I've seen in our classes together. I don't appreciate him watching me struggle though. I gather my things and aggressively bump his shoulder as I walk past him. "Why don't ya help a girl out next time instead of gawking at her like a fool?"

"S-Sorry." He mumbles. "You need some help getting to class? Maybe I can carry your books?"

"I think I've got it now." I roll my eyes and turn away from him. "Dork." I whisper to myself.

***

I stare blankly at the white board as the teacher talks about the Cold War. I feel eyes on me again. I look to my left, same dorky boy from earlier. I wave but he doesn't budge. He doesn't even realize he's staring at me. His buddy beside him had to give him a hard nudge in the ribs. He turns his gaze back to the board.

What is with this guy?

The bell rings, which means the day is finally over and I can head home. Home being my sad and poorly decorated apartment. You'd think that the genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist would know how to decorate. But my ancient wallpaper, dingy furniture, and linoleum floors says otherwise.

"Don't forget your paper is due next Monday!" The teacher calls out. I quickly gather my things and rush out of there. I've learned something these last few weeks, get out as soon as possible or don't get out at all. That's me exaggerating a bit but you get what I mean.

"Uh Chloe!" I ignore the voice. "H-Hey wait up!" I look over my shoulder. I see that it's dork boy and I continue out the school doors.

"You following me, dork boy?" I smirk to myself. "Do you not have any friends?"

He ignores my comment."I was gonna tell you that I wasn't staring-" I turn to face him making him pause. "-...I was just looking out the window behind you."

Is this guy for real. I was born at night but it wasn't last night.

"That's the worst lie I've ever heard." I scoff. "Just admit that you were staring next time." I think for a moment. "Or just don't talk to me at all."