Chapter 10-- A new life, A new name, A new mate. (cleaned)

Jayce's POV;;

'Mine' my wolf growled at me over and over like a never ending song stuck on repeat.

Aiden was my mate and I was never going to let a disgusting vampire take him.

I recognised the Von Voltaire name instantly. This was the Rebel Vampire leader. She's known for her cruel ways. She's emotionless, takes anything she wants and uses any means necessary to get anything, anyone or everything, no matter who she kills in the process.

'Mine' my wolf howled as she moved my mate closer to herself, a sickening smile on her face that could wither every plant in a mile radius.

''Well this is something I didn't know.'' She looked intrigued as she signalled a girl over. Ivana was her name I think.

I growled at the girl as she moved closer to my mate. She had caused Luna and the Jen brothers to force a shift. She was very bad news and I would die before I let her put her hands on my mate.

'Kill' my wolf commanded as Ivana laid her palm on top of Aiden's sweating head.

'Don't'. A soft voice sounded in my head taking me by surprise.

'Trust me. I will protect him. I'm so sorry.' I got a glimpse of Ivana's serious yet apologetic face before they vanished with the soft breeze that blew through the camp.

They were gone..

Luna's POV;;

I woke to a beeping of an IV monitor and a pen scratching and scribbling on paper.

My eyes pried themselves open and I was met by a doctor from our pack. Dr Jen.

''Where am I?'' I asked huskily. My throat was dry like I hadn't had an ounce of water in weeks.

''The hospital. Rest'' He pushed me back down on my bed as I tried to get up and handed me a white plastic cup filled with water.

I huffed in annoyance and took a sip while he scribbled down some more stuff and turned to leave.

''What happened? Is my brother safe?'' I dared ask the question as he took his hand off the doorknob and turned back around to face me.

He gave me a sympathetic look and walked to the foot of my bed and placed his hand on top of mine.

I tried to search his face for any reassurance, any good new, any news that my brother was now awake and learning new things about our pack, anything at all.

''He's gone.'' I took in a sharp breath and urged him to continue.

''After Jaycen made it aware that Aiden was his, you blacked out. She vanished after that...''

He paused and lowered his head in shame.

‘'...With Aiden.''

My breathing caught in my dry throat.

''Your sons?'' I squeezed his hand hoping for the best.

''They were in the same state as you but woke up not too long ago.'' He gave a relieved smile and nodded.

''Can you tell me how many are injured ...or dead? The twins too, how are they? And Leon?''

''There were quite a few, but Leon should tell you more about that. He's fine. Angry, but fine. He's sent small hunting parties and warriors everywhere looking for Aiden. The twins are good too. Evan is a little shaken but he'll survive if his idiotic mate would stop smothering him all the time.'' He chuckled shaking his head.