Chapter 1 ᯽ Welcome to the Glade

~Y/N's POV~

Darkness.

There was nothing but darkness.

I suppose you might describe it as an endless nothingness.

I couldn't see, I couldn't hear, I couldn't even feel anything.

...

Wait a minute.

Where am I, exactly? Is this a dream?

I could faintly hear something off into the distance.

A voice that I thought I recognized, but I wasn't sure where I had heard it before.

"WICKED is good Y/N, remember that."

...

Rumbling.

I suddenly opened my eyes and gasped for air as I felt a chill down my spine. My Y/H/L hair was a full and total disaster, adhering to my neck and forehead. Due to the thumping in my head, my eyesight was somewhat fuzzy, and I was unable to properly comprehend that I was lying on some sort of cold metal. I got a little more upright and rubbed my eyes to attempt to get used to the dim light. When I attempted to stand up, the elevator-like cage suddenly ramped up speed, causing me to lose my balance and sit back down.

"Hello?!" Hurriedly, I called out, hoping that I wasn't alone in what at this point appeared to be doomsday.

Shortly after the brunette boy leaning against one of the crates that seemed to hold supplies caught my eye after I heard someone groan to my left and some shuffling.

"Hey! Who are you?" I shouted to him as the metal's high-pitched shrieking grew louder. I made an effort to cover my ears with my hands to block out the needlessly unpleasant sound. I could tell that the boy was acclimating to everything just like I was. He appeared to be equally as anxious and perplexed as I was based on his body language. Seeing that there were no immediate means of escape. That is until he turned to look at me. I think the confusion prevented him from determining where my voice was coming from before.

"Where are we? What is going on?" Given that he was not responding to my prior statements and that I couldn't really determine what was on his mind, I decided to try again.

"I-I don't know, I don't even remember my own name."

'Wait a minute. He has a point, what is my name?'

"Whatever this is, we've got to act fast. Look!" As we neared what appeared to be a dead end, I pointed upward.

"Quick! Those crates!" He motioned to use them as some sort of protection against the crash. I moved ahead of him, ducking behind one of the crates and bracing myself by raising my hands overhead.

Then, the elevator appeared to abruptly stop moving.

Voices.

Specifically male voices.

I briefly looked over to where I had earlier spotted the brunette boy when all of a sudden, a bright light blinded me, forcing me to quickly flee to my hiding spot.

"Day one, Greenie. Rise and shine."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

This is going to be a challenging yet exciting story for me to write, and I really hope you enjoy it just as much as I do!

~D <3