Twenty one- The plan master

Mr martins (Dave’s dad) point of view:

The investors entered my office, sat on a guest chair. It seems they lack manners, I smile at them anyway but in return but they frowned at me.

“Mr. martins, you know why we are here and we don’t want to beat around the bush” Mr. Flores said

Mr. Flores is a bit nicer than Mr. Roberts, Mr. Roberts is the toughest man I have ever worked with in my entire life. I have met many investors in my life but they aren’t as tough as this man sitting before me. They played hard to get at first sight but later they conquered my demand.

Before Mr. Roberts agreed to my deal, many convictions and promises were made by me but Mr. Flores agreed to it with just few convictions.

“Is the work done Mr. Roberts?” I asked him directly as I stared at him. I like pulling his legs and he knows that.

“Mr. martins, we can’t afford to lose that man and his company” his frown deepens

“I understand but he is my son, he will surely come around quicker than you have ever imagined, he wouldn’t want to lose investors like you knowing your significances to is company, sincerely he will come around” I assured them, and him in particular

“it took me hell and back to lie to him, the press mustn’t know about this. Who cares about continuity of life? All we deal with is business. Pure business. If he doesn’t come around, you know the consequences” he said more of like a threat to me

I just smiled at him. Mr. Roberts and stubbornness are always together.

“Just keep my words” I told him. there is nothing to say more than that

“What if he finds out about all these lies and our plans? What will happen then?” Mr. Flores asked while he was in his world of his own thoughts.

“You guys should just leave that to me. I know how I will cool him down” they are already frustrating me with their questions and doubts. They should know the risks attached to this deal immediately when they agreed to it or when I even told them about it, now they are behaving like novices.

 One thing I know for sure is that when Dave finds out about all these deals and lies, he would have settled down with a girl, Angelina I wish.

“alright fine, as you say. Where is our commission?” Mr. Roberts asked himself, thank God he finally understands.

I pushed the file containing their commission carefully to them as I rested my body back on my desk. Mr. Roberts took it and checked it before nodding his head in agreement, it seems he is pleased with the reward.

“You know why I like working with you? It is because you never disappoint. The shares are exactly what we want.” He closed the file and passed it to his second as he stood up, Mr. Flores did the same. “nice working with you Mr. martins, do have a nice day” he said as he stretched his hand for handshake which I took gracefully 

“will do and you guys too” I said

He released my hand and proceeded his way to the door. Mr. Flores did the same. I smiled at him as he released my hand, I still prefer him to Mr. Roberts.

When they left my office, I rested my back comfortably and smiled.

I hope my plan goes according to the plan. I can’t wait to send the invitation card of my son’s wedding to friends and family members. Dave weds Angelina. That’s nice

Three weeks later

I wish I could tell you that my last three days in this house have been hell but unfortunately it is not. I am happy to say that Mr. Martins has completely changed towards his mere maid. He has changed completely like he has changed. He is already behaving nice to me, treating me like a friend and all that, his attitude only makes my love for him stronger every day. As for Jim and I, we are pretty cool, we still go on dates but he never repeats his act any longer, all he tells me is that he will wait till when I am ready which I really respect. The problem is that I don’t want to lose Jim and I still don’t want to let go of my feelings for my boss. Even if I want to let go, the feelings are not letting me go.

I don’t want to be a greedy girl who wants more than a man but I am in a dilemma of choosing one of them.

My boss has been so nice to me but I don’t understand his behavior lately. please don’t get me wrong, my boss has been over reacting these few weeks. He has been acting nice to me. He has been smiling at me lately, he has also been joking with me lately like how he has been sharing his office problem with me, seeking advice from me and all that. There was even a time that he came to the kitchen, I was at the cooking area cooking his favorite dish. Then he came into the kitchen and got close to me when his body met mine. He left no gap in between just to peek inside the pot. I guess my boss has a motive behind all this. He buys me gifts and all that every freaking day on his way home. He now calls me Angelina. The only thing I am happy about in this situation is that he doesn’t treat me like a maid any longer. He now treats me like a human being, like I am someone so special to him and I love that in fact It makes my feelings for him grow stronger and healthier.

I was currently in the living room cleaning the furniture when he arrived with a bag in his second hand.

“welcome sir” I greeted him immediately I sighted him

“weldone angelina. Take this and be ready by eight, we are going on a date” he handed me the bag as soon as he finished his statement and he took his leave.

A date?