The calm before the Storm

After getting a new cybernetic hand Luke was getting adjusted to it in the medical wing. Din was planning on how to get his ship back caught up in his thoughts.

"Hey, Din!" Luke went up behind him surprising the other. "Look, it almost looks like my real hand." He showed off his new hand.

"Oh, wow, they really did a good job." Din looked at it but got distracted by the other's bright smile. "You look better."

"I feel better. Though to be honest it might just be the pain medication. Sorry about your ship. But I'm sure we'll get it back!"

"Yeah, maybe we can manage to get your x-wing back too."

"Hopefully. That ship and I have been through a lot together." Luke took the Mandalorian's hand. "You want to walk a bit with me? This station is giant and I feel like finding some nice quiet place to bunker down."

"Sure." Din walked down the hallway with him not minding that he still held onto his hand.

"Oh by the way, do you know where they took Han?"

"Yes, but you're not gonna like it."

"Why?"

"Fett took him to Jabba's Palace. Turns out Solo had some unpaid debt."

Din was right Luke didn't like this, not one bit. He stopped for a second. "Well, this complicates things."

"You don't have to go. Leia seems more than capable of handling rescuing Han. Lando would probably help too."

"It's okay. I'll go with them we just need to adjust the plan." The Jedi shrugged and turned to him smiling. "But let's not worry about this today. You've got to tell me all about what you've been up to for the past years!"

Din was taken aback a bit, surprised but also flustered at how Luke looked at him. "I- uh, there's not really much to tell. Nothing really changed I just took some more jobs over the years."

"Tell me about them." Luke kept walking with him. He smiled to himself listening to the stories. They eventually found a quiet place to sit down.

The Mandalorian had forgotten how nice it felt to just talk to him. He liked him listening so intently and paying attention to him. When he finished Luke laughed at the story and gently nudged him with his elbow and his heart fluttered. Kriff. When did he become so handsome?

The Jedi felt calm sitting next to him and listening to his story. He slightly moved closer their legs touching ever so slightly. "Sounds like you had some interesting jobs."

"Yeah, what about you?"

"Oh, we moved around a lot with the empire on our back and everything. There were a few close calls like on that ice planet we stayed on but overall we managed to stay safe." Luke remembered that one time he nearly froze to death. "I went to train with this old Jedi master. He's a bit strange but a good guy, not much for conversation though. Being alone on that planet with him and R2D2 was boring from time to time but hey now I got a better grasp on his whole force thing."

"That sounds nice. So you're a real Jedi now?"

"Well, Jedi in training more like it." He put up his robotic hand. "I definitely have a lot more to learn." A chuckle escaped his mouth. "Thanks for staying with me and making sure I was okay."

"Don't mention it."

"You are way too humble, Din. I really appreciate all your help. Someday I'm gonna repay you!" Luke leaned against him playfully and just hoped the other didn't mind. "One day I'll save your life, you'll see. I'm gonna make some cool entrance or something. It's all about presentation."