Not disappointed and new Roommates

Din was on the bridge having set Grogu down and drawn his blaster as the dark trooper started pounding against the door. His friends had done the same. This was bad, really bad. They had no chance of winning but he couldn't back down. He had to protect the child no matter the cost. The ship's alarm went off again as a ship approached.

"An X-wing." Bo Katan spoke up, looking out the window.

"One x-wing, great we're saved," Cara commented sarcastically as the other tried to get the x-wing to identify itself but no one answered.

Din went over to look at the cameras as the dark troopers stopped pounding against the door. He was confused but still anxious about what they were supposed to do. There was no way one person could get to them through all those machines.

Fennec seemed just as confused. "Why did they stop?"

Din watched the dark troopers turn around on the cameras.

"A Jedi?" Bo Katan watched someone absolutely destroy their enemies on the cameras.

This caught the Mandalorian's attention. If it really was a Jedi maybe they could get them out. Maybe it was Ahsoka who had changed her mind.

During the confusion, Moff Gideon took the chance and grabbed a blaster shooting at Bo Katan before aiming it at the child. Din managed to throw himself between the shoots and him. Luckily Mandalorian's armor was tough.

Seeing as a Jedi was coming his way and seeing no way out for himself Moff Gideon tried to shoot himself before Cara knocked him out.

Din watched Grogu looking at the screen seeing the Jedi make their way towards them. He watched him get into the elevator towards him after fighting his way to the top. When he saw them crush the dark trooper with his hand he was absolutely positive that the child would be okay. It was impressive. He picked Grogu up and told the others to open the doors. When they wouldn't he did it himself.

He watched the man come in, putting his lightsaber away and taking off his hood. "Luke?"

"Oh- Din!" The Jedi smiled widely as he hadn't seen the other in years. "I- the child called me. I didn't know you were with him!"

"That was definitely not disappointing."

"Oh, you remember." Luke chuckled.

Grogu looked at him curiously before looking back at Din.

Luke wanted to hold back and be a professional but he hugged his old friend. "I- kr- are you alright? I don't know what to say. I was hoping I'd see you again but-" He noticed the Mandalorian's friends stare at him and backed away. "I mean-"

"Right, Grogu." Din picked up the child. "It's time for you to be with your kind."

"I don't think he wants to leave you." Luke put his hand on his shoulder. "Come with us, at least to help him adjust."

"Doesn't your X-wing only fit one person?"

"We can fit, it might be a bit tight and snug but we'll manage." He hoped he would come with him.

"But-"

"Just go with him." Cara joined the conversation seeing them fumble around like teenagers with a crush. "This is what you wanted for the kid and it looks like you two are friends so even better."

"Okay." He looked back to the others. "Are you going to be okay?"

"Of course," Cara answered, smiling. "Now go."

Luke held out his hand like Din had done for him and waited for him to take it. "Come on."

Din took it and left with him to the elevator still holding Grogu close. He had missed him, missed his smile. Maybe he should have stayed but if he did he would have never met the child.