Chapter 13: Change of Heart

——————————👑——————————

Up in a creepy old clock tower, Rasputin was preparing his final attempt on Alexander's life.

"Bartok! Get me a comb, find some cologne! I want to look my best."

"That might take some work, sir." Bartok muttered.

"Then snap to it! We're going to a party."

Rasputin slammed a newspaper down on the table. The headline explaining that Alexander had been found.

"A party in Paris?"

"That's right!"

"Oh, I could teach you the latest dance steps. It's starts with like a whoo! And then you get really crazy with the hips, sir. It's fun!" Bartok explained as he danced.

"We'll let the Grand Duke Alexander have his moment, and then, we'll kill him!" Rasputin declared.

"Kill him? Sir, what happened to the party idea?"

"That's where we'll kill him!" He grabbed the newspaper and began ripping it up. "Crush him at the height of his glory!"

"And we're back to the crushing. Sir, I'm begging you, please, please! Forget the boy and get a life!"

"Oh, I'll get a life Bartok...his!" Rasputin cackled.

...

Alexander, (Y/n) and Marie were sitting in Marie's room, laughing and looking at old family stuff. Alexander held a picture of his family and was looking at it quite intently.

"I remember now. How much I love them."

"They would not want us to live in the Palace now that we have found each other." Marie looked in a basket and picked up a drawing.

"Oh, look. It's the drawing you gave me. Remember?"

Alexander laughed. "Yes. Olga made so mad! She said it looked like a pig riding a donkey."

(Y/n) giggled. "She was right." She mumbled.

Alexander playfully shoved her shoulder with his. Marie grabbed Alexander's hand and pulled him up.

"In your laughter, once again I hear Alexandra, your mother." Marie opened a case to reveal a beautiful glittering crown.

Alexander gasped as she put it on him. "But you have the handsomeness of my Nicky. Your dear father. Czar of all Russia."

She turned him to face the mirror, and he smiled at his reflection. (Y/n) came up next to him and held his hand. This was everything he had ever wanted.

...

Alexander stood in front of Sophia and a maid. He had just been fitted for a beautiful golden suit with a blue sash. He looked like a real prince.

"Well, well, well. Don't you look nice, your Majesty." A voice teased from behind him.

Alexander smirked and turned to have his own witty come back, but his words died in his throat.