Chapter 15: A Happy Beginning

——————————👑——————————

Marie stood in her room holding Alex's crown in her hands. An opened hat box was on a bench along with a note. Marie set the crown next to the opened box and picked up the letter.

Dear Grandmama,

Wish me luck! We'll be together in Paris again soon.

A bientot!

Sophie grabbed the letter a dabbed her teary eyes as she read it.

"They've eloped. Isn't it romantic? It's a perfect ending." She sobbed.

Marie looked out her window into the distance. "No...it's a perfect beginning."

...

On top of a giant white boat, Alex and (Y/n) leaned against the railing looking at the beautiful night sky.

Alex turned to (Y/n) and playfully bowed. "May I have this dance, my lady?"

(Y/n) laughed and curtsied. "Why, of course, good sir."

The two waltzed on top of the ship, spinning around and smiling at each other. Alex twirled her into his chest and grabbed her left hand bring it to his mouth and placing a kiss on it.

His eyes lingered on the big diamond ring that was resting on her finger.

He smirked at her. "Told you I would get what I wanted in Paris."

(Y/n) smiled and rolled her eyes. "Sweet talker."

The two leaned in and shared a passionate kiss. Alex held her left and and placed his other hand on her hip, while (Y/n) looped her arm around his neck.

Dimitri walked up the stairs carrying Pooka, and saw the two. He immediately covered Pooka's eyes and quietly walked back down the stairs.

Alex and (Y/n) broke away from the kiss only for (Y/n) to laugh and gasp in shock as he picked her up bridal style and spun her around.

He set her back down on her feet and gazed into her beautiful eyes.

"I love you, Sunshine."

"I love you too, Alex."

——————————👑——————————