𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

╰─▸ 𝗛𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗲𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱𝗹𝘆, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗲'𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲

Remus loved many things. He loved books and the sense of comfort they brought, he loved chocolate and the way it melted on his tongue. And he loved her. He couldn't say why though. If he were to find reasons why, he would get lost in them. Maybe he loved her for her smile, or her courageous nature (she did always stood up to Malfoy), or maybe it was the way she saw life. Colorful, always searching for light even on the darkest nights. He loved her wholly, with the good and the bad.

He loved her despite her not loving him back. Maybe that was also a reason why. We accept the love we think we deserve.

Remus sighed, turning his gaze away from Y/N and onto his book. Sense of comfort. Even if his longing tempted him to admire her, his broken heart couldn't take to see her and Prongs together. And out of respect for his best friend, he decided to step out of this one. There wasn't room for him there.

Her giggle filled the Gryffindor Common Room and suddenly Remus couldn't focus on the words. They wringled and twisted in front of him until they were a pile of unread and incorrigible sentences.

A plop on the couch was heard next to him along with a dramatic sigh. "McGonagall is going to kill me if I don't finish that essay." Sirius said.

Remus shot him a quick look, before going back to trying to concentrate on reading. "Get on with it, then."

"Yes, agreed, but you see, I really need help. Can't write essays for the life of me. So, because you're the best friend anyone could have, won't you give me a hand, Moony?"

Remus turned to look at him. Sirius' eyes harboured a look of a lost puppy, his lips pulled into a pout. "How many times do I have to do your homework?"

From across the room he heard James laughing and whispering something to Y/N and Remus suddenly felt sick.

"Uh, everytime I ask for your help? That's what best friends do, Moony. They help each other."

Help. They help each other. Remus threw a risky look across the Common Room, wondering if maybe James was even aware of his suffering. "Right, they help each other." he muttered.

He faced Sirius once again, who this time was squinting his eyes at him. "So, you're gonna help me, mate?"

Remus got up from the couch, book in hand and shaking his head. "Not this time, no. Ask Evans. Or Y/N. Maybe they'll help you."

And he was gone through the portrait hole.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Breakfast at Hogwarts was a time of calmness and delight. The smell of pumpkin juice and fresh baked pastries carressed Remus' nostrils. He bit into a toast while his eyes skimmed over the ink etched on the paper. Always reading. Always escaping reality.