𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞

╰─▸𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭

There were a few more days until the full moon. And Remus was growing restless. The only thing that kept his mind off of it was Y/N, who filled his evenings with warm cuddles on the couch, near the fireplace in the Gryffindor Common Room. Her perfumed always enveloped him in sweet comfort and he always basked in her halo.

She was slowly falling asleep in his arms, her chest rising and falling soundlessly when James jumped on the couch with a laugh. "That Evans bird is such a fox. She's playing hard to get."

"I think she just straight up hates you, mate." said Sirius, sitting on an an armchair. Peter lightly laughed, almost snorting as he did and lowering himself on the carpet in front of the fireplace.

"No, I'm telling you! This weekend I'm actually asking her out."

"You mean again?"

Remus inhaled a breath through his nose. "She's asleep! Be quiet, will you?" he whisper shouted, while pointing with a sharp stab of a finger at Y/N's small figure in his arms.

But she wasn't asleep. She was very much awake, still drifting between the groggy realm of daydreams and the colorful, alive, almost pulsating world around her. She kept her eyes closed, but her attention wide open.

"When are you going to tell her?" voiced Sirius.

Remus shook his head, his hand lightly on top of hers, just a touch of velvet. "I'm not."

"You should, Moony." added James, looking him in the eyes. "She has the right to know."

Peter just nodded his head, agreeing with his bestfriend.

"Right! You've been dating her for, what, a year now?" said Sirius.

"Five months, Padfoot." sighed Remus.

"Same thing! You two have been doing the sweet, heart-shaped eyes at each other far longer than that. You were technically already dating!"

"Doesn't matter. I'm not telling her, it's too dangerous." He looked downwards at her, soft eyes and eyebrows crinkling. "I want her to be safe." he added in a croaky whisper.

"She'll find out sooner or later, Moony. The girl is bloody Sherlock Holmes!"

"She won't." Remus replied, hugging her closer, oblivious to her heightened hearing.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N sipped on her pumpkin juice as her eyes fleeted throughout the whole Great Hall. Students were milling around, some eating, others reading and catching up on school work (professor Slughorn always did raise expectations up).