Chapter 7: Staying on Schedule

——————————🦇——————————

An old monster lady rolled a circular cage filled with tiny skulls to mix them up. The lady reached in and pulled one out, holding it up to her ear.

The little skull whispered, "N-27."

"N-27." The caller weakly said into a mic.

Two long tables were in the room, and multiple monsters had bingo cards and stamps in front of them. Dracula stamped his card happily, and glanced around the room at everyone else. Across from him, Johnny had his head in his hand and was falling asleep.

(Y/n), who was between Johnny and Maven, began nodding off. Her head leaned to the side and landed on Maven's shoulder. The vampire boy stiffened up and glanced down at her, stamping his card with as little movement as possible so he wouldn't disturb her.

"G-61." The caller announced.

Eunice stamped her card, and noticed that she had won. "Bingo! Bingo!" She cried.

The monster next to her picked up her winning card and ate it. Eunice noticed this and leaned into her face.

"How dare you! Do you know what doctor made me?" She snapped.

"I didn't do that." The monster defended.

(Y/n)'s head nearly slipped off Maven's shoulder, but he gently caught her, and moved her back to his shoulder.

He placed his hand on her lower back to steady her, and (Y/n) unconsciously snuggled closer to him. Maven smiled widely as if he had just gotten the biggest Bingo ever.

...

The next activity was charades. Two monsters stood on a wooden floor that looked like a basketball court, acting something out while a circle of monsters surrounded them and tried to guess what the word was.

There were bleachers around the room were other monsters sat, watching the other monsters guess.

One circle had a fly monster acting something out.

"Circle?"

"Fly?"

"Hands?"

"Film?"

The fly monster suddenly spit into his hands and rubbed them together.

"Vomit."

"The Vomit?"

"The Throw Up."

"No. That wasn't a clue." The fly monster deadpanned.

Dracula sat on the bleachers between Maven, and (Y/n) and Johnny. He didn't want Maven and (Y/n) to get any closer then they already were. He was happily watching the charades game, while the others looked super bored.

Griffin was the other actor, and the six-headed dragon monster was guessing.

"Emptiness?"

"Glasses?"

"Glasses?"

"Shaking glasses?"

"Glasses shaking sideways!"

"Through the Looking Glass."

Griffin sighed. "Ah, I stink at this."

Maven leaned back and looked behind his Dad and looked at (Y/n). The girl felt eyes on her and glanced over at Maven.

He grimaced and sheepishly mouthed the word 'Sorry.'

(Y/n) quietly giggled and waved her hand saying it was okay, and that she didn't mind.