Chapter Thirty Three

Six Years Earlier...

"Rochelle, you made a mistake," My father yelled into my face as he pulled me by my arm. I pushed him away, rushing to my closet to pull out more clothes and stuff them into my suitcase. "You don't understand what you have done,"

"That man raped me, dad. Why don't you get it?" I screamed at him while Robin and my mother stood by the door of my bedroom, watching me and my father go at it. My mom was used to this by now. Robin wasn't. My bottom lip began to quiver. "It's been three years dad and I still haven't moved on,"

My father exhaled and took a step closer to me. He tucked my overgrown hair behind my ear and held my face so it would look up to his.

"You think I don't hate him? You think I don't want him to pay? I do! More than you, I want him to pay but that boy's family is very influential. After what you just did, that whole family will come after you, Rochelle. This isn't a joke. The real world of powerful people isn't a joke. I shielded you from the real world your whole life, Princess. A lot more worse things that you can't even phantom could happen to you. It's not a black and white world. You will remember my words one day," he explained to me but I shook my head.

After three years, I finally found the courage to report my assault. I wasn't going to back down now. I'd gone too far to back down now.

"That's exactly why I'm skipping town for now," I pulled away from my father and tied my hair into a very messy bun. It was too big to easily bun but I managed somehow.

Robin seduced Yvie and got her to admit that her cousin Neil raped me. He got her to admit everything; how her cousin convinced her to bring me to the party. How Neil drugged my drink, how he raped me despite her apparently being against it but by the time she realised that that was his true motive, it was already too late. According to her, she didn't know he was planning to do anything non-consensual with me, until it was too late.

I didn't believe a word she said.

But it didn't matter because Robin had her confession recorded and whether Yvie knew beforehand or not wasn't the point. The point was that she confessed to the fact that Neil raped me and was proud of that fact. He apparently went on about how he stole my virginity.

I needed him to pay.

So I filed a police report and sent in the evidence. My father has been on edge since then. A truly cowardly man but I won't back down this time around. I don't care who Neil's father was, he raped me and he needed to pay for that. I needed justice. I can't spend the rest of my life stuck in that moment of defilement forever. I can't carry that period of my life around forever.

"You think that that family can't track you down to any other pack, Rochelle? I think that you are underestimating them! Please listen to me!" My father continued to reason with me. I continued to ignore him and pack my stuff.

"The difference between me and you, father is that you're scared but I'm not," I zipped my suitcase and went toward my shoe shelf to get my boots. My father stared at me in awe, no words able to leave his lips then he stared pointedly at my boyfriend and mom from across the room.

"For the moon's sake Adelle, put some sense into your daughter! She has lost her mind. She doesn't understand the danger that she's putting herself into. Those people are dangerous. You know exactly what I am talking about. They are more dangerous than she can imagine. Please explain it to her!" Everything came out in an exasperated breath from my father while I laced my boots.

"Rochelle, your father has a point. I support your cause for justice but when you gathered the evidence, you should have discussed it with us so that we would have found the safest way for you to go about this," my mother said in my father's support but I only moved to get my cashmere long coat sweater.