Chapter Fifty Six

Warning: this is a mature chapter towards the end so you can skip that part when you get there, I guess. Up to you.

The way Taylor stared at me brought back memories. It was exactly the way that Enzo had looked at me the day he confronted me and familiar, painful feelings washed over me.

I watched as the bouquet fell from Taylor's hands onto the floor. He stared at me with so much hurt and then looked at Enzo behind me.

"What did you just say?" Taylor asked and I remained silent. He clenched his fists by his sides. "Is she your mate?"

When I looked at Enzo, he was nodding at Taylor's question and Taylor staggered backwards at the reveal.

"What about the other stuff you said just now, Rochelle, are they all true?" I couldn't even speak as I started to breathe deeply. I had no idea what to say.

"Taylor, please hear me-"

"Are they true?!" Taylor screamed at me and reluctantly, I nodded my head. "So you were lying to me the whole time?"

Taylor raked his hand through his hair and I walked over to him to try to explain but he raised a hand to sanction me away. I looked at Enzo and he had the same knowing glint in his eyes. Taylor banged his fist against the wall and shouted at the recoil. His fingers became bloodied and I cringed seeing him hurt himself so.

"I was such a fool. I believed your innocent face and sad eyes. I was such an idiot! You must have been laughing at me this whole time, weren't you?" Taylor looked straight into my eyes and my words were stuck in my throat. "You even told me that you were a virgin and despite my better judgement, I believed even that and fucking respected you!"

Enzo laughed out from behind me and when I looked his head was thrown back in amusement. My blood boiled.

"This just keeps getting better!" Enzo exclaimed. "So she told you that she's a virgin and you believed her? I can tell you with absolute certainty that she's not,"

"Shut up, Enzo!" I snapped at him. He wasn't helping. He wasn't helping at all.

"Your lies need to have a limit, Rochelle. Calling yourself a virgin takes things too far even for you. You should learn where to draw the line when you deceive people and play with their feelings,"

I faced Enzo. "Didn't you just say that telling him the truth was my place and you won't stoop so low to get to me?!"

"Yes but that was before he revealed that you lied about your virginity status or lack thereof of it. You just keep lying. Don't you ever get tired?" Enzo shook his head at me so judgementally, I understood why he was the Alpha of the moon's 'pure' pack.

"Shut up!" I screamed at Enzo raising my finger in the air to stop him. I turned to Taylor once more but he fled out of the classroom before I could stop him. I stared back at Enzo and gave him the most hateful glare I could muster then screamed out, "I absolutely despise you!"

I ran out of the building after Taylor, even forgetting my coat in the process. It was so cold outside with the snow plundering on me as I wrapped my arms across my sweater and stopped Taylor in time before he got into his car.

"I'm sorry. I just didn't know how to tell you anything. I thought you wouldn't want anything to do with me if you knew who I actually was," I told him desperately. I didn't want things to end like this. I didn't mean to hurt him like this.

"That was left for me to decide, Rochelle, not you," Taylor opened his car door but looked me in the eyes. His blue eyes were heavy with pain and anguish and it tore me apart. I seemed to burn everything I touched. "But you're right, now that I know about all of your lies, I definitely don't want anything to do with you anymore. This, us, it's over!"