Chapter 6 [Moon]

I hear the snap of a twig. I immediately sit up. Intensely looking around for any treats. I see that Rayla's awake too. She's looking into the woods in the distance. She hasn't noticed me awake yet. She goes to where the sound came from. I sit back against the tree, knowing that Rayla will be able to take care of it. I started thinking to myself. Ever since I came here my past memories have been really foggy. Like they were never real. Looking back, it feels like they were never my memories in the first place. Weird..

Ezran wakes up first. He yawns looking around a little, spotting me. He waves at me. Looking around some more, he notices Rayla's not on the branch she was sleeping on anymore. He tries to shake Callum awake.

Ezran: Callum, Rayla's gone.

Callum: Finally... Oh I've been waiting for this moment.

Ezran: Callum?

Callum: Mmm. Your breath still smells like peanut butter.

Ezran shouts out Callum's name waking him up. He starts stuttering. You can't help but snicker a little, so you cover your mouth with your hands to muffle the noise.

Ezran: Wake up! Rayla's missing.

Callum: Did she take Y/n?

Y/n: No, I'm right here. Shouldn't you be more worried about the egg?

You stood up and walked over to them, confused on why he's more worried about you than the literal Dragon Prince. You decide to brush it off. That would be a little to much thinking. Ezran grabs his backpack and shows us the egg.

Ezran: The egg's still right here.

Callum: [sighs] Okay, good. You know, that still doesn't mean we can trust her.

Y/n: I think she's pretty trustworthy. I mean, she did save my life.

Ezran: Yeah, we like her Callum.

Callum: Hey, I like her too. But the thing is, she's--

Y/n: Just because she's a Moonshadow elf doesn't change anything.

Ezran: Y/n's right. Who cares? It seems maybe everything we've ever heard about elves is wrong.

Callum: No. I was gonna say, the thing is... she's not telling us everything. Neither of them are. I can feel it.

Y/n: I don't remember anything, except the dungeon where you found me.

That was a lie, you do remember the mirror and Aarovos, but nothing before that.

Callum: Oh, sorry Y/n. I didn't know...

Y/n: Hey, it's okay. I would feel the same way.

Ezran starts playing with Bait. He's sitting on a rock with his backpack to his right, and the bread clubs to the left. I'm still leaning against the tree. Callum's collecting some dry sticks.

Ezran: So, did you know you were kind of sleep-talking before? What were you dreaming about?

Y/n: Yeah, you said something about peanut butter-

Callum: Sandwiches. [chuckles nervously] Yep, I remember now. I was having a dream about sandwiches.

Y/n: [chuckles] You seemed oddly excited about sandwiches.

Callum: [chuckles nervously] You know what? In a few years, when you're older, buddy... we'll all sit down and have a heart-to-heart talk about sandwiches.

Callum uses one of the bread clubs and pats Ezran's shoulder with it. Ezran and I both give him a confused look.

Rayla comes running towards us. Telling us to get moving. We all haste away, but before we get to far, I remember that we didn't pack the bread clubs. I run back, pick up the bread clubs, and run behind Callum, opening his backpack and sticking the bread inside. He doesn't seem to notice.