Chapter Nine

An alarm at six woke me up. I blinked, my vision bleary and brain sleep-addled, having not remembered setting an alarm.

"You were instructed to be ready at seven. My calculations estimate that an hour would be perfect for you to complete your morning tasks." The computer in my room said when I told it that I hadn't set an alarm.

I let out a small laugh, "Thank you," I said, shaking my head and scooting out of the bed. Yawning, I stretched.

Then I looked around and suddenly everything came crashing down on me.

Just yesterday, this time, I was on Earth.

Stop thinking of Earth, she's in your past.

Easier said than done, I thought letting out a breath.

I pulled my hair back into a messy bun with a hair tie I fished out of my small bag. Then, I walked to the restroom and stilled.

My cleaners. They were in the restrooms in the Common Cabin. How will I brush my teeth?

I walked back to my desk and picked up my device.

How am I supposed to brush my teeth? I sent to Kylee.

When I didn't get a reply immediately, I went to the restroom and the screen for my bracelet appeared. As soon as the screen identified me, the data pad blinked on and informed me I had ten minutes to bathe.

"Yes, I remember." I muttered, my voice low.

Ten minutes later, I had finished everything I needed to do, and my muscles were relaxed from the warm water that had soothed my back. My clothes I'd put into the compartment like last time.

"You have received a message on your communication device. Would you like me to read it out?" The computerised voice told me as soon as I stepped out.

"Yes, please." I said.

"Kylee says, 'We'll all meet up in the Common Cabin for brushing and breakfast'. Would you like to send a response?" The computer asked me and I declined.

I walked to the hidden compartment that was in the walls and held my breath as it opened as soon as I pressed the button.

I let out a long breath as I pulled out a silver bodysuit. I already had on underwear, because there's no way I cannot wear a bra. I have to wear one. I would be what one would consider...top heavy.

I pulled the body suit on by inserting my feet in first, like I would a pant. Then, the suit automatically lifted and started fitting itself to my body. Suddenly the process stopped and I realised that I had to insert my arms into the long sleeves. When I did this, the suit continued to mould itself upto my neck, covering every inch of me, except the middle which was slit to the waist, as if it had a zip that needed to be pulled up. Then the suit adhered the ends of the slit together on its own and I stood with my mouth open.

I looked down at myself and couldn't believe I was wearing something so soft. My arms were covered to the wrists, my neck was covered, my feet was covered to the ankles.

What would I wear on my feet?

Now that one suit was missing from the compartment, I could see the bottom. There was something black and small that was folded and kept on the floor of the compartment.

I frowned and bent to see what it was. I marvelled at the suit's ability to literally move with me. I didn't realise how restricting human clothes could be until I wore this suit.

I pulled the black material out and it looked like..socks.

I sat on the seat and pulled it onto my feet. Then I watched in surprise as the 'socks' fitted itself around my foot and turned...harder. The ends grew and stopped at mid calf. I stared. They looked like...boots. But without seams or discomfort.