Chapter 38: TOOTH AND NAIL

Chapter 38: Tooth and Nail

I will devour you.

My large paw trapped the girl beneath me. My claws so sharp, they had no difficulty piercing her delicate skin.

Now that I've evolved, there is no longer any use for this human girl.

My stomach growled as I looked upon the meal before me. The fire of revenge within emitted smoke from my snout.

I will rip you apart.

My home. My family.

I was ready to enact my vengeance upon those who had robbed me of everything. She was the first step.

My mouth salivated as I prepared the first bite.

But…

"…It's alright," the girl whispered weakly.

Her voice caused me to slacken my grip.

I gazed upon my prey and found myself locked onto her.

In that moment, I found myself entranced by that human.

"If I can be part of such a beautiful creature, then I don't mind dying," she breathed out with an air of elation.

Her hand reached towards me, but I did not stop it.

The fingertips clashed gently with my jet-black fur.

The soft and tender hand trembled, but I sensed no fear from it. I recognized the scent of acceptance that she gave off.

Her blue hair was a mess, and her pale skin drenched with sweat from the pain I caused. Her silvery-blue eyes so serene and welcoming.

I thought to myself as I observed her peaceful face.

How could a human at death's mercy be so beautiful?

Alas, I set her free.

Instead of fleeing, the girl still decided to walk alongside me.

During our travels, we encountered two others.

The mischievous crow and that grinning trickster.

Maybe they came to steal my prey. Or maybe they could smell my hatred for humans.

I could have slaughtered them right then and there.

But I did not want to. Instead, I knocked them unconscious.

I wondered then if I had been growing soft. If that was the case, it would have been due to…

That girl.

"These wounds… Did humans do this to them?" she gasped as she observed their injured bodies.

I am no healer, but injuries caused by humans were painfully obvious.

The thought of such damnable humans made my blood boil hotter.

From there, we reached a large healer's abode. The white walls were jarring to look at with the night sky.

However, as I enjoyed the scenery of the black curtains of the skies, the human girl's cries caught my attention.

"What do you mean, no?!" she shouted at the older human, hiding behind a door.

Her arms cradling the two injured Pokémon.

"This is a Pokémon Hospital, isn't it?!"

Ah… so it's called a 'hospital'.