One✨

31st December 2021
Mumbai, Maharashtra

It was the last day of the year. There was a great bustle around the city. Now that Mumbai was back to its pre-pandemic rhythms, the old complaints and pain points were back too including the pet peeve of millions— traffic congestion. Traffic in Mumbai is such a disaster, overcrowding is a common complaint of Mumbaikars and new year's eve only aggravated it.

Roads were blocked because of the heavy traffic and people were cussing the police authorities. Though they were familiar with the traffic, but everyone had their plans for new year's eve.
A loud crash drew everyone's attention. Due to the sudden application of the brakes, two cars collided with each other. The lady from one of the cars opened the door and stood in front of the other car.

"Khidki neeche kar saale...gaadi chalani nahi aati to chalate kyun ho?!" She yelled, banging on the driver's window.

"Madam galti sirf meri nahi hai, apki bhi hai jab pata hai itna traffic hai to apko bhi thodi kam speed se aage leni thi!" said the man calmly who was driving the black BMW.

"kya bola? Haan? you applied the fuckin break and just because of that my car collided with yours! Tu mujhe samjhaega!? Haan!", the woman screamed.

"Dekhiye me shanti se baat kar raha hu aap bhi shaanti se kijiye... aur agar aage wale break lagaenge to mujhe bhi lagana padega na!" the man replied in a harsh tone.

People who were busy yelling and cussing a few minutes ago were now enjoying the show.

"Shut the fuck up alright! Don't you dare talk to me in that tone. Aurat se kaise baat karte hain ye bhi nahi aata kya!" the woman shrieked violently.

The door of the backseat flew open and a man came out. He was silently listening to the woman's yellings till now.

"Kya boli aap? zara vapis bolne ka kasht karengi?
aap bataengi hume ki auraton se kaise baat karte hai aur kaise nahi? Do you even see yourself? Cussing profanities in english won't make you educated alright! Neither it would prove your point" the man snapped. He was enraged beyond the limit. And it was quite evident.

"Bhai aap andar baithiye, cool down" the other man spoke calming him.

Now all the eyes were on the woman. She felt embarrassed. She knew she went overboard and made a fool of herself. But looking at the man who was now sitting inside the car, calming his temper, she wanted to hide somewhere down the earth. She knew him. Everyone knew who the man was. And she wanted anything but a fight with the great Sidharth Shrivastav.

But the damage was done and she knew it was better to keep her mouth shut and return to her car.

Sidharth was setting his hair time and again. Something he knew he does when he is frustrated or bothered. And right now he was frustrated, with the traffic and that woman only added more to it. His phone vibrated in his pocket. He knew who was calling, it was for the nth time the person was calling him. But right now, with everything bugging him, Sidharth lost his calm and answered the call.

"Kya hai bhen*hod, samajh nahi aa raha kya itni der se I'm declining your call! Dimaag sada ke rakha hua hai saala sabne!!" irritation was evident in his voice.

"Abe me tera do ghante se wait kar raha hu yaha aur tu mujh pe hi chadh jaa saale!" spoke the person from the other side.

"Abe to traffic tera baap sambhalta hai na yahan? khaali phokat dimaag mat sada abhi... mere ko aadha ghanta aur lagega tab tak sad wahin pe" and with that, he cut the call.

It was after half an hour that he reached the nightclub. And he was welcomed with a sharp glare from his friend. But Sidharth ignored him and ordered a drink for himself.

"Badi jaldi aa gaye aap.. nahi matlab aaj aaye hi kyun.. kal aa jate... hum konsa bhaage jaa rahe the" spoke his friend with a sarcastic smile.

"Chal na bey.. paka mat abhi.. Sorry" and with that, they hugged each other.

Friends are such. They know your shortcomings but accepts you and appreciates you for who you are.

"Are Adith kahan gaya bey?" asked his friend

"Aa raha hai abhi thodi der me. He is scanning the car right now. Mere se zyaada use chinta rehti hai meri cheezon ki" spoke Sidharth proudly.

"Vo to hai.. waise kahan atak gaye the tum.." the man asked.

"mat yaad dila Rishi yaar!" spoke Sidharth cutting him in between.

"Wow look at that, darling. Ahem ahem!" Rishi pointed towards a woman who was eyeing Sidharth from top to bottom. While Sidharth only passed a boring look displaying his disinterest.

"Yaar tujhe aadha club dekh raha hai aur tujhe apni whiskey se fursat hi nahi hai," Rishi said exasperated making Sidharth roll his eyes.

What Rishi said was nothing but the truth. Sidharth Shrivastav was a brand. Words fall short to describe his hotness. Newspapers were full of his articles. Some admired him for his profession. While some admired him for his looks. He had that appearance which could make him stand out in the crowd. And he knew his effect on people, his simple walk was enough to turn many heads toward him. Well, then why not? He possessed a charm for people to drool over him. And there was no use in denying that not only girls but boys too were bewitched by him.

Back then he used to enjoy the attention. But things were different now. He became much more mature than the Sidharth he was five years back.

He had a rough exterior, a well-built body and was very masculine. But people often named it toxic masculinity. However, Sidharth never cared for people's opinions. Only a few people close to him knew his respect towards women. He was not a feminist, and neither he had a problem with feminism but he despised those who used woman's card in the name of feminism. And that was the reason for his outburst.

"Bhai aaj to tera last day hai Mumbai mein. Kal to tu yahan se chala jaega, jam ke peete hain aaj.. .waise think once again. Do you really want to quit writing?" Rishi slurred.

Well, Sidharth was a well-known writer. And apart from it, he owned a chain of luxurious restaurants around the country.

"Yeah, I'm very much sure aur tu please abhi ye bakwaas mat chalu kar dena!"

"Bhai you are a well-established writer. People love you for that. Why don't you understand that quitting isn't a solution for anything." Rishi tried to make him understand.

"I don't want any more discussions on this. I've already decided what is right for me." Sidharth spoke sternly.

Though Sidharth pretended to be nonchalant, Rishi's words affected him and brought some unwanted flashbacks from his past.

He sighed. This was not the right time. And with that, he gulped the bitter drink.

But only he knew that his life was much bitter than any drink. 

I walk a lonely road

The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me, and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one, and I walk alone

.................................................................

Kindly vote and give your feedback in the form of comments🌟