"Turn around, let me see"

The school bell rang.

I picked up my pencil case and binder, and made my way to my girlfriend's locker to meet her.

Her name is Jess. We started dating in sophomore year, and we've just entered Senior.

Jess is a striking brunette, 5'8, 5'10 if she's in heels, and always dressed up as if paparazzi could catch her at any moment.

"Hey babe -" she calls from halfway down the hallway. "The girls and I are gonna head to the mall to pick out some outfits for the party this weekend, wanna come?".

"Only if you make it worth my while" I say with a smug grin, as she falls into my grip for a kiss.

"Great, Stephanie is gonna drive Annie, Allie, and Brie so we'll head there together. We might also check out some prom dresses on the way home".

"Sounds good to me" I say as she pulls my hand down the hallway, leading us out to the parking lot.

I've always been pulled along on these shopping trips, which would be fine if any of the other girls had boyfriends. A guy in a sea of girls, I often just get stuck doing what they wanna do. Going to Brandy Melville is like watching paint dry - how many solid black crop tops do these girls need? But Jess makes it worth it. I'm sure I bore her with my hockey fantasy league, and she never complains about joining me in a game of Fortnite, so I try and be there with her as much as she wants me to be.

We arrive at Glensdale mall, our town's only mall. It looks as if it's stuck in the 70's with its tacky tiled flooring and just tolerable smell of burning plastic. Jess' friends pull up in their car blasting Taylor Swift, and roll out to join us.

"Where we heading first?" Stephanie calls out. Jess recommends we head to Brandy Melville - so I brace for an hour of boredom.

We walk into the store almost empty, as the clientele of this mall is essentially seniors, and people who are about to become seniors. 

The girls rush to pick things up. Skirts, halters, crop tops, intimates, dresses. I walk around with Jess, she's thoughtful when it comes to clothes. She maintains an aesthetic as if she's a celebrity stylist. In the time that she goes to pick up her first item, the other girls have already tried on their picks and paid. 

"We're going to go check out H&M, are you coming?" Brie asks Jess.

"I'm gonna stay and look at a few more things, y'all go ahead." she replies.

The girls go off, and I'm left with Jess and a rather bored store attendant. 

She pulls a few things off the racks and brings them with her to the changing room. I follow and wait in the sitting room just outside, and a minute later she calls me in.

"Can you help me with something?"

I enter the changing room and she's dressed down in her black bralette and lace panties.

"I don't know what I think about this top." she says as she holds up a black padded crop top.

" she says as she holds up a black padded crop top