𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫

When summer officially started for the god – siblings – Draco, Neville, and Artemis – they were informed of a guest who would be joining them for the vacations. He went by the name Marvolo Gaunt, though their parents informed them of his real identity aka Voldemort. He surprisingly was the actual owner of the Manor.

James and Sirius had obviously not agreed on having him inside the Manor but as usual their opinion when it came to the man, wasn't considered. The adults all knew that they were just being overprotective of their daughter.

Draco and Neville narrowed their eyes, when they were informed, they were all certain that the two boys did not trust the man around their little sister, considering how she blushed slightly. The girl had excitedly told them about their encounter before Yule with details after her little slip up when they had questioned where she had disappeared to for hours that day and continued to vanish and appear out of nowhere after a while of them looking for her to no avail. So left with little option, Artemis had told them where and with who she spent her afternoons, which was something they didn't approve and always tried to distract her as much as possible so that she wouldn't go and end up locked away in a room with a man for hours.

Both James and Sirius congratulated them and encouraged them to keep him away from their princess.

Artemis on the other hand, remembered how she and Marvolo would spend days chatting until night fell upon them, which neither of them were pleased about, as they very much enjoyed devoting their time together and were very sad about having to torn apart by the moon's presence, which was very ironic considering that the young Slytherin's name represented one of moon goddesses.

"Artemis sweetie, are you here?" Lily asked as she entered the library.

"Over here mother." Artemis replied from one of the many couches. She was wearing one of James's old school shirts. The young girl enjoyed using man clothes when she was going to read.

"What are you reading about?" The mother asked as she sat beside the Slytherin.

With a soft smile the girl replied, "I'm reading about astronomy."

"Sweetie, can we talk about something?"

"What is it mother?" Artemis questioned as she closed her book.

"Do you remember when you asked about who gave you that necklace." Lily motioned to the moon and sun necklace her daughter has never taken off.

Artemis put a protective hand over her jewelry "What about it?"
"Your mate gave you that necklace on your first birthday." Lily finally answered the question the girl had always wanted the answer to.

"Who is my mate, mother?"

"Marvolo, is your mate."

With a petrified gaze, Artemis whisper-asked, "The- The Dark Lord?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Hurt became evident on the still eleven – year – old girl.

"I- I don't really know. We just wanted you to have normal childhood, not having to think about what being Voldemort's mate meant." Lily wiped the tear that her daughter had let fall.

"Why now?" Artemis whispered; her voice slightly breaking.

"Because now that he's back, that's he's here, with his body back. Well, your responsibilities as his lady are going to begin. Not only to him, but to your followers too. Because yes, they're yours too."

Not really having any of it, "I need time to process this... and fresh air......" Artemis put her book aside and walked away, faintly hearing her mother call her.