chapter 2

As you and your best friend walked out of the apartment, you realized how beautiful a day it had been. Autumn had really started to kick off and the leaves were the perfect shade of orange. It seemed far from real life.

"Hey, you ok?" the tall redhead boy says.

You had realized that you have been staring at the gorgeous scenery in the all-too familiar downtown Musutafu for a long time (he was a big part in that "scenery").

You nod your head and make sure to assure him that everything is ok. He always asks you if you are ok when you look a little distant. That had always been always been one of the things you had liked the most about him. His bright, sun-like care for others. You hadn't picked up on it until this year, though.

It definitely wasn't an awkward, silent walk. You had been so caught up in laughing with your best friend that you forgot about how much you liked him. You guys had so many inside jokes that it was almost impossible to go an entire conversation without bringing at least one of them up. Between the setting orange sun and his red hair, you could see the entire warm color palette in your immediate vicinity.

After a walk of smiles and laughter between the two of you, you got to the hill. But, just as you were about to get to the top, Eijiro covered your eyes.

"Wait, what are you doing?!" you say, surprised.

"It's a surprise!" he replies with an obvious giggle in his voice.

He guides you up the hill and you follow. A minute passes of you almost stepping on his shoes every five seconds and he takes off his hands from your face.

"Surprise!" he exclaims.

A small picnic was set up on your favorite spot on the hill. It had a nice picnic blanket, a classic picnic basket, and a telescope that you always said that you wanted to try out (it had been sitting in his closet for like two years at this point).

In a rush of adrenaline, you ran up to him and gave him a hug. You haven't given him a hug in years, and you'd forgotten just how warm and fuzzy it made you feel. He made you feel safe all of the time, but you felt extra safe now, like nothing in the world could hurt you. He hugged you back of course, and his arms wrapped tightly around you.

Until you realized what you were doing and turned as red as the taller boy's hair. He noticed that something was off and slowly pushed away. You tried to forget what just happened and changed the subject before he could ask about it.

He waved you over to the picnic blanket excitedly and you sat down on the checkered blanket.

"Are you sure everything is ok? You seem a little off today." he says, concerned.

"It's just..." you paused.

What were you supposed to say? You were falling deeper in love with him by the day? That'd be worse than what's happening for sure.

Before you could think of an excuse, he pulled your nervous body into his arms. How could one guy be so nerve wracking yet so comforting?

"You can talk to me about anything, Y/N," he says with a different kind of care in his voice. One that you'd never seen or heard before. One that made you feel like an emotional wreck.

A tear formed in your eyes as you looked in his dark red eyes that were filled to the brim with the positivity that had helped you through all of these years. The thing that kept you alive, that got you out of your bed every morning.

You started to cry even harder and he pulled you into a warm embrace and started running his hand up and down your back. You didn't know what to feel about this -- you were too emotional to be nervous and too nervous to be upset. So, you just hugged him tight and wished that these feelings would just go away.

"I'm your bestfriend, Y/N, don't ever be afraid to talk to me about something," he says in the the softest voice he could manage without whispering.

That word. Bestfriend. That made you realize something. What were you thinking? These hugs. These words. They meant nothing other than just 'friend to friend'. Plus, you were pretty sure he liked Mina.

He continued to hug you though and you continued to hug him. You didn't think you could ever let go and he didn't seem to mind. He dried your tears with his sleeve. You smiled and he returned the gesture, and he looked into your eyes.

"Everything's going to be okay," he said, pulling you closer to him.

He didn't know it yet, but just being with him makes everything better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMMGGGGGGGG
so i know that wasn't exactly "fluff" like i was saying but it just kind of happened i guess

i finally made a full-length chapter!!!!

so i know its called 'meteor shower' and they literally didn't see the meteor shower yet. NEXT CHAPTER THEY WILL

have a good day/night!

<3333333333333