Part 3 - Back

I added more to the last chapter so go read that or it won't make much sense!

Also, sorry sorry sorry for the LATE update! I promise I'll try to work harder on update, I've just been very busy.

Enjoy!
....
You were a tap on your shoulder. You hadn't even realized you fell asleep.

You started to wake up and yawn. It was much better than the staff doing so, as it would've been a bit embarrassing.

"We're here." You nodded and stood up, it was at that time that you heard a knock at the door.

"Come in."

The door opened and it revealed a man. "Your Majesty," the man said to Elizabeth. "Your highness," he said to you. "We have arrived. Your car is already here with the luggage inside."

"Thank you," Elizabeth said, making the man bow and leave, closing the door behind him.

You and Elizabeth got up and straightened your clothes out.

"Are you ready?" She spoke. "Yes."

You followed behind her as she opened the door and walked through the plane.

You both made your way to the exit and opening of the plane, holding the railings and walking down the steps.

You looked around a bit. Everyone was dressed in black, and upon seeing Elizabeth and you, they took off their hats and held them to their stomachs.

The cold weather of London fit the gloom perfectly, the sky was white and gray, and the cold wind hit you. You and Elizabeth packed and dressed in warm clothes for you return to the country.

Infront of you was a car and a few men surrounding it. One of them was one that you didn't know the name of, but you had seen him before. He began to speak to Elizabeth, bowing before doing so.

"My sincere and most genuine condolences your majesty, it is such a dreadful day to the people of London and the United Kingdom, me as well. I'd be happy to..."

The man continued to say his words to Elizabeth, which she nodded and thanked him for. Another man then came and took your bags while another opened the car door.

You stepped in first, then Elizabeth.

The door shut behind you, and the car began to take off.

It was a silently ride for the most part, interrupted by the driver giving his condolences to Elizabeth. There was going to be a lot of that of course. You wonder was it genuine. You wondered how Elizabeth felt. You thought about if for a bit, and started to drift off to sleep, exhausted still.
---

"We've arrived." Said the driver, alerting you out of your thoughts.

The trunk was being opened and your things were being taken out, the driver got out of the car to also act as a door opener. Elizabeth glanced to you, as if to ask were you ready to get out. You nodded at her, and the doors of both sides were opened.

You stepped out on the pavement, the cold hitting your face. You inhaled the chilly air. Slightly nervous, now that you've returned to London as the wife of the new Queen.

The words made you pinch yourself to not think about too much, not now atleast. You joined Elizabeth's side, waited for a man to stop giving his condolences, and walked into the Palace.

Buckingham Palace.

Your new home.

Again you tried to shake off the thought. Just not now, not right now, you told yourself.

But you can't push it off forever. This will change yourself completely, already in the process of doing so.

Your status, image, and duties, are all in the process of transformation.

Including your relationship with the grieving new Queen. She'll be even more busy than before, and even more closed off.

You were cut from your thoughts by Elizabeth's voice. "Time to get settled in then."

Yes Your Majesty, we will do everything in our power to make you both comfortable." The man replied, glancing at you.

You nodded your head and continued to follow him through the hall.

Buckingham Palace isn't new to you, as you visited Elizabeth's parents and spent the night here before.

Parents! The Queen mother!

"We've been in the Palace before. I'm sure it won't be hard to settle in." You spoke. "Yes, which is why a tour would be unnecessary."

You all stopped at the sound of a knock at the door. "Sir Matthew, head of relations communication."

"You may enter." Elizabeth said.

The door opened, and it revealed a man in all black, with his hat in his hands resting at his stomach. He looked at the other man.

"If you have any questions or concerns, please alert me." He also bowed and then made his way to the door.

Sir Matthew and the other man walked passed eachother, he bowed.

He and Elizabeth then you shook hands. "Your majesty," "your highness,"

He then stood fully straight up. "Princess Margaret will be arriving here, she said she would like to see you. The Queen mother is overlooking arrangements," he paused. "She was just with your father. He is about to undergo his..services."

"I would like to see him." Elizabeth responded calmly.

You admired the way she could uphold herself, even through something like this. You looked at her, and observed her strength. You quickly turned your head forward, but if you two were alone, you'd stare until your eyes watered.

"Of course. What shall I tell Princess Margaret?"

"Nothing is necessary. She can wait here with Y/n, I won't be too long."

The man nodded. "I will get a driver for you now." He bowed, and then turned to leave.

As soon as the door closed behind him you spoke. "I'm staying here?" You said sitting, more flopping, down in a chair behind you.

"Yes, Margaret wouldn't want to see him."

She also sat down. It was silent for a moment. "You don't have to do this alone, dear."

She didn't respond at first. "Yes, I know. But I want to see my father one last time."

"Not just that," you said grasping her hand. "All of the work you have to do aswell, we can help, I, can help."

She shook her head. "No. It is my duty, to rule, alone. There is only one ruler. That is only me."

You didn't reply to that. She was right.

"Your struggles are mine, and while you rule, I'll be right there, supporting you. You are not without love my dear."

She leaned in for a kiss and you followed.