Chapter 40

"I can't find her anywhere." Kiba says walking over to Team 0 in the streets.

"She's not in the hospital where she's supposed to be." Ryota tells them.

"Maybe she's already there?" Buyuu wonders.

"Have you guys found her yet?" Naruto says as he walks up to them, they all shake their head no.

I'm sitting onto the the Hokage's Monument with my knees to my chest looking down at everyone in the streets, everyone wearing black. Taking a deep breath I quickly apparate into the air to where the funeral is being held, me being one of the first ones there along side Asuma.

I stand between my two team mates, as I grab their hands and hold them swallowing the lump in my throat and holding back my tears.

"Rain." Kurenai says beside Asuma.

"The sky has started to weep as well." Asuma says softly.

"We will begin this funeral for the Third Hokage, who lost his life in this battle.. as well as the other victims of this battle." they start off.

Everyone comes up and places a white rose on top of the casket. When it's my turn I stand there for a moment thinking.

💙🦋💙

"Grandfather, do you think I'll be as strong as you?"

"I think you'll be stronger little one." He comments smiling at me

💙🦋💙

"Push me higher grandfather!" I say as he laughs. "I love being as high up in the air as I can go! "

💙🦋💙

"Happy birthday Mayumi!" He cheers for me setting a cake in front of me. He was the only one who ever celebrated my birthday..

"Thank you grandfather!" I smile at him and blowout my 10 candles.

"Here I got you this." He says giving me a box. I wish I knew where that box was..

"May the long time sun shine upon your soul, all the love surround you, and when the pure light shines within, guide your way on." I say softly. The thought is unimaginable, that last time I saw him, was the last time and I didn't even know. They say, wherever a beautiful soul travels, there is a trail of beautiful memories..

I turn when I feels a hand on my shoulder and see Asuma behind me. I look back at the casket and walk back to my spot. As everyone starts to leave I stand there still staring.

"Mayumi? Did you hear me?" Buyuu asks.

I turn to him lost in a daze. "No."

"He asked if you wanted us to walk you home." Naruto says.

"No, I have to find somebody." I state as I walk off slowly feeling all eyes on me I know they are all watching my figure disappear into the rain.

I rush off to the Hokage's office where I find Kumiko standing there. "I knew you would come here first." Kumiko states standing at the door way.

"You knew." I say through gritted teeth. "You knew!" I get even louder. "You freaking knew and never said a damn word to me!"

"Mayumi, it's all right here." Kumiko says holding out an envelope. "If it makes you feel better blaming me then do it. But we have an issue now Mayumi."

I snatch the envelope and shove it into my pocket. "What the hell now?!"

"Orochimaru was inpressenating the Kaze. He saw what you could do. Your grandfather told me to keep a watch on you. Sota too."