Chapter 11

Bennet's POV :

"Another day, another interview." I thought to myself, watching the camera crew attach cables and a microphone onto me.

The NFL season was drawing near and near which meant that we, players, were bound to be busy; training to be in top shape, having many interviews whilst trying to balance our professional and personal life. It's a hard lifestyle to live but I wouldn't change it for a thing.

"Hello there!" A vibrant female popped out of nowhere and walked towards Harry and I with a mustard notebook clutched under her arm.

By her iconic tomboy style and signature curly hair, I knew exactly who she was before she even introduced herself. Most interviewers would be wobbling in 6 inch heels, drowning in makeup with lashes that made it hard to keep their eyes opened but she preferred the natural look which I completely loved.

"Took you long enough to get here, Brielle." I teased, emphasizing her name at the end.

"And what must I do about it." She bit back, earning a chuckle from me.

Although she wore a bright smile walking in, I could tell she was hurting. After the explosive dinner party yesterday, Zach and her got into a huge argument which ended their relationship. To make matters worse, she refuses to tell anyone the reason for their split and has completely isolated herself from friends and family.

"How are you holding up?" I questioned, pulling her into my embrace for a hug.

"Bad. Really bad." She exhaled a heavy sigh. "But I'll survive because of the strength of the Lord."

Her voice was so down and barely audible. She was cold, distant. The once vibrant and lively Brielle was overshadowed by the now heartbroken and hurt one. The smile that always reached her eyes seemed forced and practiced, barely spreading from one ear to another.

"You know I'm always here if you need someone to talk to, right?" She simply nodded her head as a response, wiping the tears that welled up. "And crying doesn't mean you're weak, it means you're human and hurting. Don't try to force a smile when you're hurting. "

After a long heart to heart session, the camera crew finally finished arranging the set and everyone took their seats for the long awaited podcast.

"Hello beautiful people and welcome back to Dear Brielle, with your host, Brielle Williams." The female spoke into the microphone, a genuine smile creeping onto her face as she held the headphones wrapped around her head.

It was as if she was in her own happy place, where she could drown away all the problems she was experiencing in the real world.

Its so funny how it took her years to discover she was born to be in media and do podcasts and radio instead of being a doctor and running around the corridors of a hospital. But I guess its better to discover you're true happiness late than never.

"Growing up, my favourite game was always 10 questions. I thought it was beneficial when learning about other people and stirring up a conversation. That's why I thought it would be a good idea to play it today with my favourite NFL players, Harry Stalli and Bennet Choi."

"Thats us." Said Harry, giving me a clumsy high-five.

"So first question...how is dating as a sport star. Is it easy to get ladies or harder." Brielle diverted her gaze to the man sitting beside me, waiting to hear his answer.

"It's easy to get ladies but it's hard to get a woman. Someone who will be by your side when things are very tough and still chose you at the end of the day. A godly woman too who has fully surrendered to Christ."