Chapter 23

Ben' POV:

There were exactly 50 seconds left on the clock. Everyone was gnawing their nails in anticipation as I scouted for anyone who was free. The score was currently tied, 30-30. If we wanted to win this game and the NFC then this was the moment.

Releasing the ball out my hand and aimimg it to Harry, the crowd jump out of their seats when the man caught it and made a run towards the touchdown line.

"Faster!" I instructed, seeing the opposition catching up and getting ready for a tackle. "Faster Harry."

There were now less than 30 seconds left.

My heart was pounding in my chest as I watched the lightening quick man side step the opposition and score a touchdown just as the timer went off.

The crowd roared like maniacs and confetti rained onto the field. Everyone ran to the man-of-the-moment like a swarm of bees, celebrating the hard earned victory.

We had won. We had officially won the NFC and were heading to the Superbowl.

"Harry Stalli! Harry Stalli!" The crowd yelled, the stadium vibrating as the noise echoed.

Fans were dancing, crying, rejoicing at the moment as the opposition's fans slowly made their way out the stadium, clearly in rage at the results.

Looking around at the scene before me, I felt nothing but emptiness. It's funny how I had spent so many nights dreaming about this moment but when I finally experienced it, it meant nothing. I didn't feel the escatic feeling I had hoped for. Instead, I felt like an empty vessel. Like a ship uncontrollably being pushed by the sea.

"DUDE...WE WON!!!" Jacob Benson, a highly talented rookie, jumped onto my back, "I CAN'T BELIEVE WE DID IT! WE FREAKIN WON THE NFC!"

Although he was much younger than me, his muscular built body said otherwise. Him simply jumping on my back felt like I was carrying a boulder.

"SUPERBOWL....HERE...WE...COME." His voice boomed as he threw his helmet on the grass.

At this point, he was practically bursting my eardrum from screaming and leaving bruises on my back as he violently slapped my shoulders.

"LET'S GGOOOO!" Banging his chest, the rookie ran in the opposite direction, leaving me with my thoughts.

Why was I feeling like this? I had put so much blood, sweat and tears into winning the NFC, so why was I feeling like I hadn't achieved that goal. Why was my spirit, my soul not satisfied, not even a little happy? Why did I feel completely useless.

Drifting my eyes back to the audience, my eyes focused on a certain individual amongst the crowd. Even though her back was facing me, I knew exactly who she was.

Her wavy afro and melanin skin, capture the sunlight and glowed. She wore the Dallas Cowboys' support t-shirt that was knotted at the side, matched with a simple navy-blue jean and Nike Air Forces.

Inching closer to get a confirmation, my heart dropped to my feet as I realised it wasn't her.

It wasn't Elisha.

She was gone and it was driving me crazy. She wasn't answering my calls, text and mesaages. She wasn't even active on social media. It was as if she had disappeared from the face of the planet.

"Bennet Choi!"

I turned around to the sound of my name.

"How does it feel making your sixth appearance at the Superbowl." A reporter, accompanied by cameramen questioned, bringing the mic up closer to my lips.