Foreword + introduction.

Summary:

Summary:

Caliana Monsoon had been dreaming of this day for years.

About to commence her journey as a new doctor in the town of Little Oaks, she's zealous, driven, and ready to take on new challenges. However, Caliana doesn't quite anticipate being thrown into the deep end of a chronically overwhelmed and understaffed hospital. And her woes are only exacerbated by her supervisor, Dr Isaac Rhys who seems hell-bent on making it his mission to break whatever spirit Caliana has left.

Follow Caliana as she navigates through the highs and lows of becoming a first-year doctor. And amidst it all, she finds friendships blossoming, an unexpected chance encounter with love, and purpose.

--

Hey all,

Thanks so much for giving this story a shot!

This book requires a tiny bit of information before starting the first chapter. If you've read the blurb, you'll know this is a medical romantic drama, but you DO NOT need any medical knowledge to read this. It's going to be kept very simple, and as opposed to my previous books, it is very much more character-driven rather than plot-driven.

Having said that, this is the tiny bit of information you need to know before starting:

This book is very much more light-hearted than my previous books, and as such has been written in a more humorous way.

This is a mature book. It is intended for audiences aged 18+. The main reason for that is primarily adult language and sexual content. But, by default, medical issues/topics are usually more mature. It is relatively light-hearted but it will still deal with some more complex/more emotional topics.

This is based in a fictional town called Little Oaks somewhere in England, U.K. So whilst this is absolutely a work of fiction, it is loosely based on the medical training programme in England. Which is after they graduate, trainees enter a two-year generalised foundation programme, and are referred to as "foundation doctors." After progression and entering speciality training, they're known as a "registrar" and the final level is a "consultant" which is the equivalent of an "attending" in the US.

And, you may be wondering what the heck the title of this book means. Well, my friend, it's very simple. A pager - you know the telecommunication device that doctors carry that informs them when they're needed/when there's an emergency? In this book (and in England), it's called a bleep. The reason why? It makes an annoying bleeping sound.

Main tropes:
Medical drama
Rivals to lovers
Slow burn
Age gap (depends what you define as age gap tbh, it's 5/6 years in this book)
Forced proximity
Spicy scenes
Strong female leads

The book is written in the third person.

So, that's it. That's all the information needed to read this book.

I hope you'll enjoy the book! This is my first time writing this type of book (I'd still class it as gen fic as it doesn't fall nicely into any one genre), so as always open to all feedback :)