The Tension of Silence

Izuku never felt more alive than when he plunged that knife into Shigaraki. Watching his face go from smug to horrified was satisfying, to say the least. As Shigaraki looked down at the knife, realization dawned on his face and Izuku's smile grew wider. Shigaraki knew exactly where this knife came from, Izuku made it a point to stab him with it after recognizing it on a table.

Shigaraki fell to the ground and Izuku couldn't stop himself from saying, "How do you like that, bitch?"

Izuku heard a sharp intake of breath behind him and turned around. He completely forgot that Keisuke was here. Keisuke betrayed him, didn't he? Maybe a little more stabby, stabby would be fun...

The look on Keisuke's face suddenly made him feel self-conscious, and he realized how insane and... villainous he must look. He looked back down at Shigaraki in shame.

His eyes roamed around the room, and he saw Yuriko sitting on the floor rubbing her head. At least she was safe.

From the corner of his eye, he saw Shigaraki move and before he could react, he felt something clutch his ankles. A sharp pain shot up his body. Then Izuku realized what was happening, Shigaraki was disintegrating him.

He wobbled and crashed to the ground as the last of his skin separated from his feet. He had to be quick or else he would die. He swiped the bloody knife from the ground, Shigaraki must've taken it out while he was distracted, and severed his legs from the shin before the disintegration could progress further.

"Well, I meant to kill you," Shigaraki grunted, standing up shakily.

Izuku howled in pain and backed away from Shigaraki. The amount of blood spilling out on the floor was dizzying. His consciousness was fading, of course, he didn't even consider that he would bleed out after he stopped disintegrating. It was all for nothing...

A nice feeling flooded through his body, and he opened his eyes. Yuriko's hand was placed on his knee and his wound was sealed. The lower parts of his legs were still gone, but he wasn't bleeding anymore.

Yuriko's eyes were focused, she looked calm and determined.

"Yur- Yuriko?" Izuku gasped surprisedly, "you- is this your quirk?"

She nodded and removed her hand, "I don't know what happened. I just saw you there and then snapped out of it."

Izuku didn't have time to be astonished, Shigaraki was still here, looking just as surprised as Izuku. He was standing there holding his stomach, at some point, he had sloppily wrapped the wound with his shirt.

"This hasn't gone my way at all!" Shigaraki complained, "I'm going to make at least one thing go how I want."

Shigaraki placed his hand on Yuriko's back. Izuku gasped and lunged forward, only to fall flat on his face.

"No...please..." Izuku croaked, lifting his head to see Yuriko turn to ashes.

Yuriko barely had the chance to scream before she died.

Izuku's body couldn't take anymore, he didn't have an ounce of strength left. So, he let his head fall back to the floor and passed out.
_______

Keisuke had no idea what he was doing.

Why was he helping them? He couldn't tell you.

Why was he using his quirk for them? No clue.

But there he was, hand outstretched, using all his power to awaken Yuriko, if only for a moment. He knew what her quirk was and that it could save Izuku. It was like knocking over dominos.

It was exhausting, but he kept his quirk on for as long as he could. If he stopped, she would go back to how she was before.

He watched Shigaraki kill her and almost shouted out, but he stopped himself. If he was caught helping them, he would get in trouble and wouldn't be able to help anymore.