Are You Still Here?

"Deku?"

The whole of Class 1-A came to the hospital as soon as they were allowed to. All of them stood there in quiet shock at the boy who was usually filled with life. Instead, he sat there on the hospital bed with a blank expression and dead eyes. His bright emerald eyes were turned swampy and dull. His hair had turned from green to white, scars covering most of his body. His cheeks was sunken and had large, dark bags under his eyes. The worst part about the whole image was, of course, the lack of ankles.

"Midoriya is unresponsive right now and he can't do anything by himself." Recovery Girl explained.

Recovery Girl had been called to the hospital Deku was in, so that she could explain the situation and help out in case anything happened on the way back to UA. They also asked that she heal his mouth and throat.

Muttering spread throughout the room.

"So, like a coma?"

"He wouldn't be sitting up with his eyes open if it was a coma, idiot"

"Unresponsive?" Bakugo seemed to only now just process, "What do you mean!? Deku didn't break to some stupid villains, did he!? I knew he was weak, but he isn't that weak!"

Bakugo furrowed his brow and stepped closer to Midoriya. Almost every one of his classmates made a move to stop him, some even got into a fighting stance. If Midoriya was present, he would have told them that Bakugo had his own way of caring for people and he was not going to hurt him.

But he could only stare straight ahead without so much as a twitch.

Bakugo looked at them with an unbelieving expression before backing down with a 'tch.'

"We found lots of foreign drugs in his system that might be the reason for his state," Recovery Girl replied after a tense and awkward silence. "Along with the physical and most likely mental trauma. We can only hope that being around the people he knows will bring him out of his catatonic state."

"What about his parents? Wouldn't it be good for him to be at home with his family?" Tsu questioned, putting a finger to her cheek.

"We thought it better if he was at UA where we can keep him safe. Plus, it is a lot for one woman to take care of someone so dependent." She responded.

"One woman? Doesn't he have anyone else?" Kaminari wondered aloud, a bit rudely.

"Of course not, dunce face, it's only Auntie Inko," Bakugo answered.

There was some "Auntie Inko?" questioning goling around the room.

"In fact, she should be here soon-" Not even a second after she finished saying that, Inko burst through the door.

"IZUKU!!" She shouted as soon as she was over the threshold.

There was no mistaking that this was his mother, the resemblance was uncanny. Except for her lack of freckles and curly hair, everything was the same. She ran over to him and hugged him with tears rolling down her face, "Izuku, my baby, I missed you so much!!"

Deku's eyes suddenly closed, and everyone became silent.

"Oh yes, I forgot to mention, he opened his eyes by himself earlier. He also cried. We aren't sure what he was crying about." Recovery Girl said.

Inko smiled wide and hugged him tighter, "That must mean he's still in there somewhere!"

"Ms. Midoriya," Aizawa said, scaring a few people that forgot he was there, "you are welcome to stay at UA with us for as long as you need."

She thanked him with a teary smile that reminded them of Deku's.
___

Recovery Girl pulled Iida and Uraraka aside afterward to explain how to take care of Midoriya since they had volunteered to.