Chapter One-The meeting of the Elf Queen

Nathaniel waited. 

The Elf Queen looked at the Royal Court. 

'It is a grand day to see you, my Queen', King Charles III said.

'It is. I have traveled from Edinburgh to London. And everyone is eager to have you ascend the throne next May', she said.

'There're legal processes to deal with. And new money for coins at the English Treasury. And boring matters', King Charles III said.

'Scotland is not beholden to England. In time, we're all friends...not enemies', the Elf Queen said. 

'Excuse me, but may I take a seat, my King...?'.

'Of course, Nathaniel. The magical school's witches, and wizards, are the future for the rest of the Year', King Charles III said.

And he smiled, as he sat on one of the expensive seats.

***

The King's consort, Queen Camilla, was glad to meet the Elf Queen. 

'Scotland is one of my favorite countries to meet you, my Queen. Since my husband's mother's death, we're in mourning for two weeks. But, now, there's important matters to deal with by Christmas', she said. 

'I hear Christmas Land is opening soon', the Elf Queen smiled.

'Yes, on December the 1st to Christmas Eve', Nathaniel piped in. 

She turned to see the young wizard.

'Lovely. My family enjoys rides, and shopping. And so on', the Elf Queen said. And then the Grey Doors opened, and Orton burst into the important meeting.

***

Page 2.