| 1 |

I Can See You (Taylor's Version) | Taylor Swift

⁂ ⁂ ⁂

My mother would strongly disagree if she were to find out that I was not wearing my shawl in this chilly, evening weather. She believes that I catch a cold in a minute of exposure to cold. With the uniform I am wearing, I don't doubt that.

My black plaid skirt settles on my mid-thigh, with my knee-high socks leaving a considerate amount of gap between my skirt's trims and its edge. I pull the blazer closer to my black polo-neck shirt to the cold. My uniform is believed to be short. But, it just settles right.

I need sleep. Council meetings are tiresome.

Generally, one would think, being in an expensive, rich school in New York, everything would be offered on a golden platter with a side of a silver spoon. But it's not about the school. It is about people that you decide to spend your school life with.

In Highwald's Prestigious School for the Elite, you rarely find anything that belongs to elite people, apart from their spoiled children and rich brats who think they own the place.

The "elite" in our school, was just a poor covering for the deranged darklings and other supernatural beings.

My classes for today were over, with that being said, I was informed about my failure in power control class today and how I had to take a drastic step of talking about special training class with my professor.

I was waiting for Nova at the standard hall. She was taking forever at the school café, to bring me and herself, some lemonade. My phone pings.

Bbg: Heading home rn , Mom's call 😬 Be back tomorrow bitch.

Let me know how she's doing alr?

Bbg: Done. Love ya <3

Love u too bitch

I chuck my phone back into my bad after replying to Charm. I was sitting on the table in the corner with a book on it and my legs, neatly placed one over the other, before a psychologically disturbed arse decided to interrupt my meek time.

"Studying are we, Love?"

Way to ruin my moment of peace.

"Yeah and why don't you kindly fuck off so that I could continue?" I bite back, fighting back the urge to through my shoe at him. I avoid looking at him, but then finally look back at his grey eyes, worried that he might make me look like an idiot if he were to squat in front of me.

The first thing that I notice was the way his tuck was out and how the rings on his hands were always there. His long hair was disheveled- per usual, today, open without his usual hair tie as his hair framed his face and almost reached his shoulders.

This was Azrael. A school-renowned Hot shot and an immaculate idiot who loved torturing me simply with his mere presence.

You see, in the fictional world, this kind of a person would be portrayed as all that what you would think of as a main character in a slow-burn romance. This wasn't the case with him at all.

He is a bully. He tends to hurt people intentionally. And, some people romanticize that shit.

I wasn't being dramatic and calling simple teasing as bullying. You would call it worse if you were put through everything that he made me endure at this fucking school.