𝚶𝐧𝐞

s3, ep1: The Birthday

❝I think I'll miss you forever, like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky❞

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Spending your summer travelling around America looking for werewolf packs isn't fun. Believe Juliette, because she was having the worst summer of her life.  They were currently in Tennessee, looking for someone called Ray Sutton. Klaus and Juliette walked up to a girl in her front yard.

"I am so sorry, didn't mean to scare you," Klaus said in an American accent. 

"Can I help you?" The woman asked.

Klaus gestured to him and Juliette. "Yeah, uh, our car ran out of gas a couple miles back. I feel like we've been walking forever." He chuckled.

Juliette sighed. "Your house is the first one we've come across," She informed her, also using an American accent. "We were hoping we could use your phone."

She looked between the two. "Don't you guys have cell phones?"

They both pulled their phones out. "Battery's dead," Klaus stated. "Look, I promise we're not serial killers. We just wanna use your phone."

The girl sighed. "Sure," She said.

"So, can we come in?" Klaus questioned.

"No," She answered quickly. "I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you." Both the originals faces dropped.

"We though you country folk were supposed to be more welcoming," Juliette muttered, her voice back to normal.

"I'm from Florida," She told them.

"Well that explains it," Klaus snarled and a worried look took over the girls face. He grabbed her by the throat. "No show me a little southern hospitality," He compelled her. "Sweet pea."

They walked inside the house, not that the girl had much choice with inviting them in. Klaus kept hold of the girl as they walked inside.

"Bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning," The other girl in the house laughed. The dark-skinned girl turned around to see the two originals holding the blonde girl. "What's going on?"

"Please don't be alarmed," Juliette said. "We're told Ray Sutton lives here."

"He's almost never here," The girl replied shakily. "He's on the road mostly."

The two siblings looked at each other. "But I expect he makes it home once a month," Klaus remarked, walking forward. Both girls went silent. "That's what I thought. Where is he now? If I have to make you tell me, it's going to be infinitely more painful for you."

When the girl ran, neither of the hybrids even bothered to go after her, knowing Stefan was waiting at the front door. The girl screamed when she saw him.

"He's in Tulley," The dark-skinned girl finally caved. "It's near the border. A bar called southern comfort, it's off highway 41."

"Thank you, my love," Klaus nodded. He looked at the blonde girl in his grasp. "Now, may my friend come in and play?"

"Yes." The girl sobbed. Stefan opened the door slowly and finally stepped inside. 

Klaus passed the blonde girl over to Stefan. "Kill this one quickly," He said. Klaus motioned to the other girl. "Make that one suffer."