a child

it already has been 3 years, and little aurie is now 5 years old, just getting out of her terrible twos now.

amaury couldnt keep bringing his daughter to work with him during his night calls, so he ended up hiring a nanny.

little aurie wasn't so happy about it. she thought her daddy didn't want to spend time with her anymore.

"dada i don't like it" she expresses, to which her father simply ignores now.

he already been telling her that it's good for both of them, between his job and keeping his daughter happy it was an actual struggle.

"baby, you know I'll be back home." he says, sitting his daughter on his lap, aurie forms a pout, "i don't like it" she keeps saying, and her father sighs, "I'll be back before you even wake up." he says.

so with that he gently places his daughter to bed, while the nanny was nervous since it was her first day on the job.

"be good" he sternly says, he knew how much of a little menace she could be, especially to those she dislikes.

chase wallace had moved back to marseille, so he also had been helping around too, except he had his own business to run.

the child was too upset at her father to sleep.

the nanny named rue antoinette was careful not to upset the little girl.

"I know you miss your daddy" she says, trying to settle her down so she can sleep.

"does daddy not love me?" she asks with her big round eyes staring at the nanny, the nanny was ataken back, "your daddy loves you very much. don't ever forget that" miss antoinette says firmly, she too had been a daddy's girl, and went through the same issues of being insecure.

"okay" aurie finally decides to fall asleep.

miss antoinette gazed upon the child, she too remembered being so innocent, then she still remembers the day her father no longer recognized her as his daughter. The day she hit puberty is the day she was no longer the apple to her father's eyes.

miss antoinette felt herself shudder at the thought of her own father objectifying her. she didn't know how to feel, or how to react. she always believed it would be her and her daddy.

rue was scared for little aurie, she barely knew aurie's father, but she was scared that she'd suffer the same fate. it's something she wishes no little girl has to go through, anyone for that matter.

it was already the morning, and rue had awaken early to get breakfast ready, as she was making her way down the stairs, she sees mr.clermont shirtless, making himself coffee.

rue had no idea what to feel, she coughed, hoping it'd catch his attention.

"hi miss antoinette" amaury says as he turns to face her, he notices the discomfort he has caused, "right. sorry, I'm not use to having another person in this house. just always my daughter and me, maybe some house workers." he went on, and in that moment rue believed that mr. clermont would always make a wonderful father.

"no worries" rue says, reaching into the fridge,

"is my daughter up?" he asks, before rue could respond, pitter patter of small feet making itself down to the kitchen was heard, "daddy!" the little exclaims, running up to her daddy. it's been habitual to scoop her up in his arms, not even caring that he was shirtless.

"goodmorning baby" he says giving her kisses,

in that moment, rue had some flashbacks, her father too had been like that to her, always coddling her, then it was like a switch had been turned off, he no longer looked at her with love in his eyes, except for lust.