Chapter 11

Y/n and Ethan walked trough the old structure that looked sturdy but who knows if it actually is. There were distant howling of more lycan's and movement that only Y/n could hear. Ethan and Y/n opened the iron gate that lead to a small path that lead to a set of doors.

"What is this? Like seriously. Who has the time to build this? What was the purpose of this?"

Ethan shrugged his shoulders. The more Y/n talked the more Ethan noticed how annoyed she was. Ethan was seriously worried about it being that time. If it was that time, Ethan needed to distance himself so he doesn't get killed. Even though Ethan is a hundred percent sure that Y/n would never kill him.

Y/n pushed open the door with little to no effort. The doors lead to an open area with a crumbled down wall. There were stairs to the left that Y/n wasted no time walking up. Turning to her left Y/n saw a small hallway that lead into a huge open room. Growling and howls echoed and there were multiple platforms.

"More lycan's?" Ethan asked walking up next to Y/n.

Not getting a response, Ethan looked at Y/n and fear took over. Her pupils were blown and a bit a saliva dripped out of the corner of Y/n's mouth.

"Y/n?" Ethan called out calmly, while waving his hand in front of her face.

Y/n began to blink rapidly as her eyes went back to normal, as well as her normal tone.

"I'm sorry, I zoned out."

Ethan placed his hand on her cheek. Y/n looked at Ethan with a look of sorrow.

"It's okay. It's natural to you for that to happen. Just don't hold it off for too long."

Her father's words brought a small smile to her face.

"Let's get the last flask."

With a nod Y/n followed her father in to lycan's territory. It was clear that this was the lycan's den, hands down, without a doubt. Y/n felt that excitment bubble in her stomach which was unusual. The signs were clear as the what was happening. Y/n was going to let it happen whenever it wants to do so.

The pair walked to the right, going around where the path stopped at a wood plank that lead to the other side. A loud howl rang out with others joining in. Lycan's began to fall and swarm the two and with backs against each other, the two side glanced each other. With a nod it was on. Y/n jumped up to the next level while Ethan ran for the stairs.

Because of the circumstance Y/n in she used her hands and claws to fight. Y/n has never liked using claws to fight but over the years she has learned to tolerate them during this time. Body parts got ripped off, blood splattered everywhere, including on Y/n. The thrill was very much alive and it took a lot of restraint for Y/n not to prevent herself from acting like this.

Ethan was shooting heads off, clearing a path to Y/n. A good majority of the lycan's in the room got killed. A loud howl erupted getting Y/n's attention. There was a new fellow in the ring. A lycan with metal armor on. Out of the corner of Y/n's eye she could see that her father tensed.

This wasn't the first time Ethan dealt with a lycan like this. With out hesitation, Y/n jumped onto the railing and with enough force to break the railing, she jumped onto the back of the lycan. It howled and went sporadic trying to get Y/n off. Nothing worked. Y/n started clawing at the metal and bits and pieces flew off hitting the floor. Enough of the lycan's neck was exposed to where Y/n dug both hands into its neck, effectively ripping it off.

After that the lycan's backed off. The two met at the doors at the top of the stairs. Ethan pushed open the doors to a secluded room with a path leading down. Ethan took this time to reload and catch a breath.

"How are you holding up?"

Y/n flashed Ethan a smile.

"Good actually." Y/n said.

"Ready to continue?"

Ethan nodded and the two went down the stairs. As the two reached the bottom, a deep howl echoed through the extremely tight walk space.

"That was big, whatever that was." Ethan said.

Y/n hummed in response while looking at the tight walkway.

"Hope you aren't claustrophobic."

Y/n rolled her eyes and punched Ethan in the arm Playfully. Y/n was the first one to go through with Ethan tailing behind. As the two walked the fresh smell of blood hit Y/n's nose causing her to freeze.

"What's wrong?" Ethan asked picking up on her sudden behavior.

"There is such a strong smell of blood and... flesh."

Y/n continued to move while trying to ignore the sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. Through a few gaps it was clear where the smell was coming from. There were bodies hanging with lycan's feasting on them. The sight made Y/n want to vomit as well as something else that she didn't want to think about.

Y/n quickly moved to try and get away from it because she didn't want to hurt her father. God, she would never forgive herself if she did that to her father. The thought and vivid image alone made Y/n shudder. After Y/n got out, she tool a few deep breaths. Ethan was still back there making his way out.

While Y/n was waiting, a torn piece of paper was next to one of the barrels. Y/n gently picked it up and read it.

"The King's orders finally arrived... "Withdraw."

It is most vexing that we must abandon the border stronghold to those heretics. If I had but a little more time, I know I might be able to turn the tides of this battle.

Nay...I should not put on airs. It is my curiosity that ties me to this place.

There are a number of ruins in the vicinity which the locals say are very ancient.

The ceremony site with four giant statues.
The caves with murals carved on the walls.
The stone plinth they call the Giant's Chalice.

Where did the people who built them come from? Where did they go? It irks me that we must abandon this place without knowing."

"Were these explorers? No, it said something about turning the tide of the battle? How intriguing"

Y/n shook her head. What happened? When was this written? Why does it feel familiar? Y/n felt her throat tighten and head start spinning.

"No... not again."

Y/n's vision went blurry and all she could hear was voices.

"The lords blood seems to be pairing well with test subject 015." A male voice said.

"Yes, it helps that subject 001 for project [Redacted] is her daughter. All this will do is enhance these feelings as well as give her new abilities. The [Redacted] and [Redacted] are fussing very well together." A woman's voice said.

"Do you think she will be ready soon? You know he doesn't like waiting." The male voice said.

"Give her a week and she should be ready. If anything happens I'll let you know." The woman said.

Y/n's body jolted as she shot straight up, knocking Ethan back in the process.

"Y/n!? Jesus, are you okay? You just passed out."

Y/n was trying to catch her breath but managed to speak.

"I-I saw a vision. A memory."

Ethan had a surprised look on his face. Y/n knew that this would be the time to tell him about what happened back at the Beneviento house. After explaining and remembering what her mother said to her, Ethan finally understood why Y/n wanted to stay here.

The puzzle was slowly coming together.