Hark

While i was taking one of my breaks on my way back to the safe haven, i came across a pistol in the bag Orlando packed for me. My stomach turned, as i held it in my hands. Desperate times lead to desperate measures. But i hate that this still isn't over. A part of me doesn't believe it'll ever be over. I couldn't allow those thoughts to win me over. Something needed to be done. I tied my blanket around me, placing Henry inside. Throwing my bag over my shoulder, as i whistled to Goddy to keep up. We continued through the woods. 

After a few moments, my ears started ringing. no seriously, they started ringing. Which startled me. I froze in my steps, clutching my ears, as my heart was beating rapidly. What was happening? was this apart of the symptoms? was i becoming a walker? my thoughts were racing along with my heart, i couldn't keep up with any of them. As i started to panic. But now wasn't the time to freak out. I needed to reach the safe haven, i needed to grab the only weapon that could level the plain field between the hearkens and me. 

I ignored the constant ringing in my ears, as i continued through the woods. The safe haven's doors were soon in front of me, once again. my hand shook, as i reached for the knob. Not completely sure what i was getting myself into, and what was waiting for me on the other side. But i had to take another risk or two. I opened the door, letting Goddy go in first. As i waited, he came back a few minutes later. "Safe?" i signed, as he wined. Which certainly wasn't good. 

"We'll be quick" i signed, as i pulled out my flash light, entering the tunnel, with my gun drawn as well. I took slow and steady steps down the hallway, stepping over bodies and limbs. It smelled awful but it made me happy that i didn't see Orlando's body. Where would it be? no.. i don't wanna know that. Or maybe i do? Harriet, focus. I eyed the halls, as Goddy walked slowly in front of me. Smelling the floor and leaping over bodies. I continued behind him. 

When we made it to the mess hall, a group of walkers were standing in a circle, breathing rapidly, as there clothes were torn and their hair was falling out. I freaked, standing behind a corner, as Goddy was already half way into the mess hall. I pressed a button on the back of my bracelet, as his collar vibrated. He flinched, before barking at me. I tried to shush him, feeling goosebumps creeping on to my arms. As Henry began crying from all the ruckus and the black eyed walkers turned in Goddy's direction. Screw it. 

I started shooting all of them in the head, making sure not too look directly into there eyes. Goddy kept barking. What was odd was that, none of there mouths were open. Were they not distributing the frequency? were they done? why were they huddled in a group? how could they communicate?. Still so many questions. But i kept firing. Until there corpses hit the ground.

 "How come you only listen to me when you want to?" i asked, as he panted at me.

 I rolled my eyes, reloading my gun, before my ears started ringing again. Only this time it came with a piercing headache. I winced, crouching to the floor and grabbing my forehead. 

Henry was crying, as i wanted to calm him but my ears and my head was killing me. What was happening? Goddy came over to me, placing his paw on my lap. As i pat his head, reassuring him i'm okay, or at least i think i am. Once my headache subsided, and my ears stopped ringing. I picked up my things, calmed down Henry, and started down the mess hall towards my room. 

I opened the door to my room, grabbing my hearing aids off of my nightstand and feeling an ounce of nostalgia as i came in here. I missed it here. But now it's a blood bath hideout for black eyed walkers. I needed to find Mark's journal. I gave it to Orlando, so i wonder if he still has it. The reason why i needed the journal because Mark was writing about how all of this came to be. Maybe there's something in there about how we were infected by this virus even though we couldn't hear the frequency. What was the other way?