She Deserves To Cheat Life

"I'm dying, Maddie...your sister gave me her blood hoping it will keep me alive."

Words I never imagined to hear so soon. A part of me knew when I became immortal that I would lose her. But I never expected it would be around the time she got to see her grandchildren for the first time ever. Damon and my sister who I hadn't spoken too since a few hours ago were off at the hospital handling the situation that they had created. Sitting on the bed in my childhood room I heard foosteps stop in the doorway so when I lifted my head up I saw Klaus. "The girls are sleeping in your sisters room and your mother sent me to fetch you so you two can talk."

"I don't know if I can face her, Nik. I mean how am I supposed to react to my mother dying of cancer!" Shooting up in a sitting position on the bed running my hands frustrationly through my loose hair groaning.

He slowly strides into the room taking a seat beside me on the bed where I felt it dip down at his weight. He draped an arm over my shoulder pulling my head to rest on his chest. "You're reacting as any normal human who loves their parent would. I can't speak from experience myself but I know you're mother is a nice person."

"She's amazing...I just...I can't believe Caroline. I can't believe that she just did that and didn't think to tell me!" Wiping my nose with my freehand I sniffed through tears. Turning my other hand into a fist in my lap. "No the things that she wants to talk about are baby showers, school dances and all the other crap that doesn't mean a dang thing if our mother is literally dying!"

Klaus reaches up with his freehand playing with my hair hating to be able to feel my pain much stronger with the soulmate bond. His fingers twisting the soft locks in between his fingers. "From what I know about your sister. She had the best intentions at heart when she made the choice...do you want me to be in the room while you talk with your mother, Mads?"

Nodding my head slowly yes he got to his first offering me his hands. Instead I fling my arms around his neck burying my sobbing form into his chest. He wrapped his muscular arms around my shacky body. One hand holding the back of my head stroking my hair. My hands clutching the fabric of his shirt since he had removed his black jacket. "I can't face her alone, Nik!" He slowly pulled out of the embrace intertwining my right hand with his leading me down the small set of stairs and into the living room.

"Maddie, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner. With everything that's been happening since you and your sister graduated. I just thought the doctors could find a solution. That maybe they would have found out...it wasn't cancer." My mother rose from her

Crossing my arms over my chest I raised a brow with a scowl on my face. "Mom they just run a bunch of tests and send you home with pills and nonsense. But I am upset that you didn't tell me. I'm your daughter and you didn't tell me that you were having trouble!"

"Maddie, lisen to me. You're sister has good intentions. So let's just see how this goes with the guy at the hospital." She strides up taking my hands in hers with a weak smile. Listening to her heart beat she was nervous but I knew she meant well too. "Now can we please spend this weekend not fighting. It's so rare lately for both my girls to be home with no problems in the supernatural world."

Avoiding her gaze for a few seconds instead of giving her a verbal response I just wrapped my arms around her neck. She gently wrapped me in a hug eyeing Klaus who leaned against the wall arms crossed over his chest just giving a light smile at our embrace. "I'll try mom...I'm just not ready to lose you." I sniffed into her shoulder.

"Oh Maddie...you and your sister are so stronger than you know. So if I do have to leave you, you'll both get through it I have faith." She mumbled into my hair bending my head down so she could kiss the crown of my head. It was almost midnight before my twin came home but I was too tired to go back downstairs to see what she had to say. Flopping back on the bed wearing one of Nik's shirts and some leggings I sighed covering my face with my hands until the bed dipped telling me Klaus had come back from putting Hope and Nikola down to bed for the evening.

"What's running through your head, Mads?" He softly asked laying on his side where I rolled over to face him letting some of my hair fall in front of my eyes that he tucks it behind my ear for me.

Wrapping my arms around myself I pulled my knees closer to my chest avoiding his gaze for a few minutes. "Would you do something for me, Nik..."

He lifted his left hand up to my cheek brushing his thumb over it slowly. "Anything you want, love." His blue eyes focused on mine seeing some tears welling up in the corners of my eyes.

Tracing my fingers lazily on his chest since he had part of his shirt opened but would sleep without it like normal. There was some unique things about the father of my children that I knew. He was the cure to a werewolf bite from a werewolf and he was part of the original family of vampires. So he is my one in a million chance at saving my mother's life. "My sister gave my mother her vampire blood. But...I want to try your blood on her. Since you are a hybrid, it might work much stronger than hers. Can you do that for me?"

Nik blinked his eyes a couple times sort of taken back by my request and unsure of how exactly how to answer. "Maddie, I..."

Comments really appreciated