Memory is as strong as Family

Nikola's POV

Sitting in the bar in New Orleans I smiled seeing my aunt Freya walking up and she pulled me into a warm hug. "It's good to see you, little Mikaelson. Who's your friend and I also heard you've been asking around the Quarter for me."

"I'm Josie. I'm a student at the Salvatore School. Mystic Falls?" She replied waving to my aunt but still stayed sitting at the table.

Freya points out standing beside me. "Yeah, I've heard of it. My wife's got an eye on it for our son."

"We kind of need your help, aunt Freya. There's this spell that we're kind of trying to reverse engineer."

She crossed her arms over her chest looking around the room not thinking she needed to get involved. "I'm sure one of your teachers can help you with that. And besides, does your mother or father know you're here Nikola?"

My gaze dropped to the floor before Josie spoke referencing the book she had brought with her. " An ancient Japanese black magic purge spell?"

"Those aren't the kind of spells school kids should be messing with. You should go home." She warned us until I felt the veins underneath my eyes start to appear with a human boy that had brown curly hair and blue eyes where he ordered a beer sitting on a barstool close to the door.